Adam Johnson's Borrowed Time

Can't understand why he's ALWAYS on the right wing!

He never crosses with his right foot - even if he's past the footback on the right, he uses his left to put in his attempted cross.

Try him on the left! Better quality of delivery than Kolarov or Clichy and he could be just what we need if we're playing two up front!

Aj is the type of player that if we sell him on, he will become great for another team, I dont think he has done quite as bad as is suggested on this thread. We are going though a bad spell and now is the time when we see what our fans are made of. Lets get behind the team and show some patience, after all we've had years of watching the likes of Lee Bradbury and Ged Brannon so lets get a grip a little and support players like AJ and Savic and Edin in the hope that they develop into their potential. They all have it in abundance but are all wobbling a little for their own reasons at the moment. The fans support for players like this can make ALL the difference, so come on blues lets get behind the team.

oakiecokie said:
I`ve said it before and I make no apologies for repeating it,but never in my life have I seen a winger play so many passes BACKWARDS !!

Obviously he's been told not to risk losing the ball by taking players on in difficult circumstances (like wingers do ) or hit percentage balls into the box (like wingers do) & play safe/ keep the ball instead.

If he beats two players & the third tackles him, or he puts a cross into the (empty of City players) penalty area which is cleared easily (due to nobody actually being here apart from Aguero), everyone will moan about him not passing the ball backwards instead.

Had he stayed on, he would have had 3 or 4 targets to aim at second half, but of course when we fill the box with players, we play without a winger & push Micah Richards up there instead. Bizarre.

Adam has been letting himself down for six months, you hardly get the sense he is busting a gut to go to the Euros.

However, he is also being let down by Mancini, who doesn't seem to be able to get inside his head to motivate him to the point he needs.

He doesn't know if he's coming or going, sticking or twisting, left or right, in the team one week, out the next.

I'm actually beginning to feel a little sorry for him. Hate to say it, but I think he would probably go up another ten levels at Spurs under someone like Redknapp.

It's really worrying how often he ghosts through a half, without getting hardly any touches at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.