Adam Johnson's Borrowed Time

BigBlueNick said:
Johnno is one of the best impact players we have.
coming off the bench with 20min to go is what he should be doing every game.

When he starts, he seems to struggle.
He affects the game better when defenders are not use to himand have been facing a different style of player.

I can't remember him having a real impact in a game since he came on and scored the winner against Newcastle

too much slagging off of AJ for my liking. Can't we give young lads a chance? I think he has been affected by RM's insistence on tracking back etc and I wish when he gets the ball he controls and moves forward quicker than he does so he can try to take players on as first choice tactic and then move inside if not on.

It would be a mistake to sell him because we need players like him in the squad. By all means buy another winger if needed but keep AJ and I am sure he will improve.

Look at Micah - for 2 years no doubt the same fans were on here slagging him off and he did certainly have a long period wyhen he was not progressing as he maybe should have but look at him now. He's a tremendous player aos why not have some failth in AJ to do the same?

Stiff Little Wingers said:
too much slagging off of AJ for my liking. Can't we give young lads a chance? I think he has been affected by RM's insistence on tracking back etc and I wish when he gets the ball he controls and moves forward quicker than he does so he can try to take players on as first choice tactic and then move inside if not on.

It would be a mistake to sell him because we need players like him in the squad. By all means buy another winger if needed but keep AJ and I am sure he will improve.

Look at Micah - for 2 years no doubt the same fans were on here slagging him off and he did certainly have a long period wyhen he was not progressing as he maybe should have but look at him now. He's a tremendous player aos why not have some failth in AJ to do the same?

AJ isn't really young, because in reality.. a 24 year old footballer turning 25 in the summer isn't young. We should be starting to see some of his best stuff and instead he's gone backwards from the last two years.

Think he will be sold at a profit in the summer and Weiss will be brought back. Weiss is skilful and has something that AJ doesnt, pace which is something the squad lacks.

dtc78 said:
Its pretty simple really. For a team to be successful you need pacy wingers both sides who can beat a man and get good quality crosses in. Our only 'winger' was found out a long time ago....

I think you should give Guardiola and Mourinho a shout and explain to them how they've both had it so wrong their whole career. Afterall, it's simple really isn't it! lol

I have always been a fan of Johnson's, and really want to see him do well. For me tho he has been so inconsistent this season. I think he is more dangerous when coming off the bench as an impact player, I just wish he could be more consistent and 'interested' at times.

When was the latest time this impact sub tag proved to be true? I'm talking about a game where we were in trouble, drawing or losing, and he made the difference? Sunderland almost 2 years to the day springs to mind but not much since then. He hasn't been the same since an ankle injury last season, seems slower and has this pasty, unhealthy look to him now (some on here say it's down to him drinking but I don't know if that's true!).

Vlad Weiss is having a better season and we'll probably flog him for £3million in the summer, but as Johnson is English we should get some naive English team to pay top dollar for him and sign a good winger or two. There's plenty out there who could have more impact, we saw an example for Bilbao against United x2, when a 19-year-old winger who is better than Johnson has ever been and ever will be had the "mighty Red Devils" not knowing which way to turn or what to do.

He has played better than Silva last couple of months. Don't get me wrong, I love Silva just as much as everyone else but if a player that has proved themselves to be brilliant makes a mistake we ignore it but if a Johnson or Dzeko or Savic does we jump on them a little too quickly. Johnson has played allright last few months. When we were playing badly he was the only one making runs which Silva nearly found him a couple of times and on another occaision could have been a goal. I also believe Silva hasn't been playing that well because there's been no-one making runs. We need someone with a little positivity now and again. Like Johnson is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.