Adam Wharton

Ray has an odd view of most of the players we are linked with compared to some of our fringe players to be honest. I don't always disagree with him, but to have negative views on so many of them seems a bit odd.
Wharton doesn't improve us and there is a a little overhype with this one. And besides that I am no different to most when it comes to having an "odd view". We have an Academy we should start using that more before these types of signings.

Wharton is the real deal.

Take him in a heartbeat.
After 16 games in the Premier? If he was that special he would have been snapped up a lot sooner. You could have said that about Kalvin Phillips being the real deal especially after Bielsa's recommendation.

But I never =)

Wharton will stroll it, just my opinion on the admittedly limited time he's had in the league. There's something big there.
Not much in it between the two players to be honest. Wharton didn't start in the Euro's ahead of England's more established players. If he had that he extra bit there would be little doubt in that.

“Rodri doesn’t improve us. We have Fernandinho.” - RayCTID the summer before Rodri joined us.*

*Probably.
I didn't say that about Rodri at all. Don't twist my words Alan. I didn't comment on that at all. He was a good signing a had a plenty of quality in his locker.

I didn't say that about Rodri. I didn't comment on that at all.
It’s the same logic though.

When you buy 20 year olds, part of the reasoning is their development.

Given we cannot buy a player to rotate with Rodri as they’d demand to be starting most games, the next best option is to buy potential and have them ready to replace Rodri as and when he leaves.

Just like we did with Rodri and Fernandinho.

Last edited:
It’s the same logic though.

When you buy 20 year olds, part of the reasoning is their development.

Given we cannot buy a player to rotate with Rodri as they’d demand to be starting most games, the next best option is to buy potential and have them ready to replace Rodri when as and when he leaves.

Just like we did with Rodri and Fernandinho.
Not at all. For starters Rodri was a regular at a top 4 Spanish Club who had a few International caps under his belt. Prior to that he played 63 for a top 5 club.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.