Adam Wharton

Hype a plenty with this one. Wouldn't have made the squad if he hadn't have joined Palace.

Think it was a better move for the young lad to go to someone at Palace's level.
He has played regularly in the Premier League, with a new manager who has clearly put his faith in him.
If City had signed him, how many games this season would he have started ?
Kovacic has been excellent for City and is very, very experienced.
Would Pep have played him in front of Kovacic ?
I agree. That wasn’t really the point I was making though. I’m saying why can’t we spot this talent beforehand? It seemed pretty obvious he had something about him. Why not buy him and then loan him out?

I know it’s not always that easy to do, but we could save ourselves so much money. We’ve done it with players like Alvarez.

I agree. That wasn’t really the point I was making though. I’m saying why can’t we spot this talent beforehand? It seemed pretty obvious he had something about him. Why not buy him and then loan him out?

I know it’s not always that easy to do, but we could save ourselves so much money. We’ve done it with players like Alvarez.
thats what the CFG is for, Perrone being the example in his role/position identified clearly

We can't necessarily afford to take that risk. We need guys where the distribution of outcomes is smaller so we can continue to complete for trophies year and year out. More times than not we will let a guy go to a midtable side and then use our substantial club revenues to buy him from a club like Palace. This is essentially what life looks like when you are at the top of the football food chain. Certainly, we will try to get some balance by developing lower cost talent out of the academy, and taking a few young players out of South America.

thats what the CFG is for, Perrone being the example in his role/position identified clearly
Think Wharton was too old and had too many Championship games under his belt to move to any of the CFG teams, except perhaps now with Girona getting into Europe ?
Palace is a very good fit for Wharton and sometimes we have to accept that...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.