Adam Wharton

Wharton is exactly what we do not do,Young , English, lower league player, inexperienced at PL level available in January.Those that say we should not, have a good case, experience is the rock we built our titles on, we get stronger after January, if you look at results without transfers, buying bargains is not necessary, we have our Academy for young players, and all are right.
On the other side, Wharton would have been cheap, cheap wages, vastly further ahead than the Academy, playing in a position that we were desperate for, adding fresh legs in a small overworked squad. Rodri was pretty awful in the last 10 games, would he block someone else? did Gomez or Phillips?
From what i have seen Wharton needs the ball to come to him much like Ward Prowse so i am not too bothered, plus we do not know if City have someone better lined up, and as far as i can tell Perrone has improved greatly?

If palace are losing Eze and Olise he’s staying another year. Let’s see how he does next season. Scout at every game.

Wharton is exactly what we do not do,Young , English, lower league player, inexperienced at PL level available in January.Those that say we should not, have a good case, experience is the rock we built our titles on, we get stronger after January, if you look at results without transfers, buying bargains is not necessary, we have our Academy for young players, and all are right.
On the other side, Wharton would have been cheap, cheap wages, vastly further ahead than the Academy, playing in a position that we were desperate for, adding fresh legs in a small overworked squad. Rodri was pretty awful in the last 10 games, would he block someone else? did Gomez or Phillips?
From what i have seen Wharton needs the ball to come to him much like Ward Prowse so i am not too bothered, plus we do not know if City have someone better lined up, and as far as i can tell Perrone has improved greatly?
Saying Wharton is 'much like' Ward Prowse feels disingenuous to me. Very different players, Wharton is much more of a deep lying playmaker. That being said, I'm not to fussed if we miss out on him. Wharton is good, but Perrone by all accounts has been developing nicely at Las Palmas. One more loan (preferably to Girona) and I think he'll be able to fight for minutes in our squad.

So, no Bruno, no links to Neves. Anyone thinks this one could happen? What other DM targets can we have in mind? Apparently, he is our long-term target, so you never know what could happen this summer?

Wharton + Kimmich + Savio and I would be delighted with our business.

10 Games in the Premier League isn't any indcation that he has enough quality for City!!. Southgate picked him because of his Crystal Palace bias. If he stayed at Blackburn he wouldn't have been considered.

Last edited:
So, no Bruno, no links to Neves. Anyone thinks this one could happen? What other DM targets can we have in mind? Apparently, he is our long-term target, so you never know what could happen this summer?

Wharton + Kimmich + Savio and I would be delighted with our business.
Not this summer imo
The sample size is way too small for City to buy this summer. Give him a full season of regular PL

I rate Wharton highly though - definitely one for the future

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.