Adama Traore

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by El Ingeniero de Noruega, 27 Dec 2019.

1. Edwin Edwin

Edwin Edwin

Good player and has the raw attributes Pep could improve and work with but :
    1.He's predominantly a right winger..able to play on the left wing yes but not as potent
    2.Wolves would demand close to 100 M £ or even more..they don't need the money and have European ambitions of their own..There are better options for that price bracket there are better options on the market ie.Sancho for sb who is very inconsistent with his performances

2. ws01

ws01

Ahhh..... this is the first time you've told me this. I've only said it once.

3. KnaresboroughBlue

KnaresboroughBlue

Very good player but not for us.

4. Matt the Giant

Matt the Giant

I haven't watched him more than against us and highlights against other opposition, but I don't understand why he even has a thread on this forum. He's pacey, but so what? That alone doesn't cut in in my book.
    And he tends to make a whole lot of runs in questionable directions, just because has has the speed to do it. Maybe he has a problem with his sense of direction?

simon23 and bondsman like this.
  5. WestGorton

WestGorton

Not for City. He may score a hat trick against us every time but not our player

simon23 likes this.
  6. Dax777

Dax777

Wolves are a possession based team. Am I missing something here?

7. BlueindianNewcity

BlueindianNewcity

Perfect for a Pep team then ;)

8. Larry Stranger

Larry Stranger

Lots of criticism of Traore is similar to what Sterling faced prior to Pep's arrival. Only has pace, can't cross, can't finish etc. So I think if Pep worked with him he'd improve on a lot of aspects of his game. As far as him being a right winger, supposedly so is Sterling. I mean of course they may be better on the right side, but you have to look at patterns of play and how they are being used. One facet is the cross coming from the right in De Bruyne and now with Cancelo. It's the winger on the far post having the pace to get behind the defender for tap ins. Think back to Sterlings header against Spurs where Kev put in a pin point perfect ball. So if Traore can finish those and with the width coming from Mendy whipping crosses in he could play on the left. When things aren't working Pep switches the wingers around so he could go to his natural right hand side.

Last edited: 25 Jan 2020
  9. karen7

karen7

This kid has been bloody useless until the last couple of months when he is having a purple patch,he doesn't play like he did against us very often
    He would be up there with our record signings cost wise
    Really?

10. Deepest Blue

Deepest Blue

Not worth silly money but think you are severely underestimating him.