Adblock

Mine is and I still get the full screen ads.

I will say they have become less frequent on the iPhone but they are still bloody annoying.

You shouldn't be getting any full screen ads on the forum? I haven't seen any of my iPhone. Next time it happens could you screen grab it and send me the picture so we can sort it? Cheers.

Ha, the red banner was the least annoying of the four options it gave us, trust me. The others included something smack bang in the middle of the screen that you'd have to close on each page.

I appreciate that some users find ads annoying, but it's a necessary evil due to the costs of hosting a site like this. Every single page you view costs us in bandwidth, so we have to either recoup those costs somehow or close the site down.

I think Damocles made the analogy that using Adblock on sites you regularly use is akin to eating in a restaurant and doing a runner when the bill arrives.

But the red banner doesn't change that, I'm still 'dining for free' I just have an annoying banner over my table. Realistically, how much do you stand to lose (per member) having Adblock ? I'd rather pay £1 per season, you could have a month free for new members in order not to discourage new joiners. The red banner is nothing less than state repression and I am starting a petition to have it removed. I urge any like minded revolutionaries to sign up.

www.ShutupPineappleYouNob-Ed.petitions.org

You shouldn't be getting any full screen ads on the forum? I haven't seen any of my iPhone. Next time it happens could you screen grab it and send me the picture so we can sort it? Cheers.
I will be sure to share the next time it comes up. The earlier offender was a full screen Asics video advert, if that helps at all.

I absolutely understand the need for revenue to offset operational costs (it is my profession, of course) but the adverts can be off putting. What would you say the mean advertising revenue is a user in a year? I was going to suggest, if possible, that BM have an optional yearly voluntary contribution for whatever that mean amount is that would suspend adverts for your login for 365 days. That way we are not creating a paid v non-paid user heirarchy via separate forums but users are able to avoid the adverts whilst also supporting the site. Although it could create a bit of a class system I would still then consider adding a "Paid Member" moniker to the posters profile as there is no better motivating technique than social pressure and/or competition. You might even end up making a bit off the site, an outcome to which I do not think any true blue would be opposed.

I will be sure to share the next time it comes up. The earlier offender was a full screen Asics video advert, if that helps at all.

I absolutely understand the need for revenue to offset operational costs (it is my profession, of course) but the adverts can be off putting. What would you say the mean advertising revenue is a user in a year? I was going to suggest, if possible, that BM have an optional yearly voluntary contribution for whatever that mean amount is that would suspend adverts for your login for 365 days. That way we are not creating a paid v non-paid user heirarchy via separate forums but users are able to avoid the adverts whilst also supporting the site. Although it could create a bit of a class system I would still then consider adding a "Paid Member" moniker to the posters profile as there is no better motivating technique than social pressure and/or competition. You might even end up making a bit off the site, an outcome to which I do not think any true blue would be opposed.

I'd be more than happy to pay a couple of quid a year. I can't abide adverts, so there is no chance I'm parting with AdBlockPlus.

As an enormously rich person I agree with this
Things are not free, despite what salesmen, hipsters, and politicians (which are really just more public hipster salesmen) might tell you.

We can externalise costs all we like but they return to us in the end.

I disable adblock for bm as I understand it's a necessary evil to keep the site going. I'd pay anything between £5-20 a year though if it helped keep the place free of ads and rags.

I disable adblock for bm as I understand it's a necessary evil to keep the site going. I'd pay anything between £5-20 a year though if it helped keep the place free of ads and rags.

Five quid a year ideal, ten quid tops.

I don't post or read enough to pay more, and visit most in the off-season.

Would love to know when the site hits it's viewing peaks... off-season transfer speculation or post match?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.