Adblock

The issue of Ad's , from a mobile non-wifi point of view, is that you could be on a limited data plan , and a websites analytics, Ads etc, can Hoover up a large percentage of that.
So you have competing diametrically opposite requirements. The site owner needs to live/break even, the site user has to mind their data pennies, and the advertiser is just hungry for ever more joined up metadata.

This again is one of those daft after-the-fact excuses.

So you don't have a data plan that allows you to download a couple of extra kilobytes a page, but happily will download hundreds of kilobytes worth of images that this webpage's style puts on you?

Analytics and ads account for a small percentage of the BM page load depending on the ad. There's no data plans in the world that could get you using this site frequently but you need to trim to that extent.

As far as I know I don't run ad blocking soft ware but every so often I get a flash on my screen to tell me I am doing so that then disappears. I certainly see the ads when I am browsing but I hope the site is getting the revenue. Is there anything I can do?
Browsing with firefox.

As far as I know I don't run ad blocking soft ware but every so often I get a flash on my screen to tell me I am doing so that then disappears. I certainly see the ads when I am browsing but I hope the site is getting the revenue. Is there anything I can do?
Browsing with firefox.
Check your extensions first off.

I don't block the ads as I appreciate that the site needs the revenue to remain free to use, cover costs, and pay for Ric to have his own helicopter. I do however think they make the pages slower to load and are therefore irritating.

I'm a technical dinosaur I have no idea what an extension is or how to check them.
In Firefox click on 'Open Menu' (the 3 horizontal bars in the top right corner) and select 'Add-Ons'.

Click on 'Extensions', any Ad-blocker should be obvious from there. You can disable it if you wish but it will disable it everywhere.

If you just want to disable it on certain sites then look for the icon at the top right when you're viewing Bluemoon and try left clicking on it. There should be an option to 'Disable on this domain' (or similarly worded). If there's a slider, move it to include all of Bluemoon rather than just the current page (it will be obvious again). Some may require a right click rather than left, there's a fair few out there.

In Firefox click on 'Open Menu' (the 3 horizontal bars in the top right corner) and select 'Add-Ons'.

Click on 'Extensions', any Ad-blocker should be obvious from there. You can disable it if you wish but it will disable it everywhere.

If you just want to disable it on certain sites then look for the icon at the top right when you're viewing Bluemoon and try left clicking on it. There should be an option to 'Disable on this domain' (or similarly worded). If there's a slider, move it to include all of Bluemoon rather than just the current page (it will be obvious again). Some may require a right click rather than left, there's a fair few out there.
Thanks, doesnt look like I have any ad blockers.

Just downloaded it and switched it on, half my screen full of a red ladbrooks ad was a bit much!

Just downloaded it and switched it on, half my screen full of a red ladbrooks ad was a bit much!
I had one of them yesterday although mine was a full screen Vodafone one (on a desktop at that). A quick clear history has meant it's not come back.

I had one of them yesterday although mine was a full screen Vodafone one (on a desktop at that). A quick clear history has meant it's not come back.

Yeh I've currently got a Ladbrokes ad at the top and bottom of every page that literally takes up the full screen on my s4!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.