Added time (the facts)

ssg2 said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
I have no interest in aspects of your personal life, i'm here to talk footie.
If that was the case it would be a maximum of 2 minutes

Still twice as long as me.

I put Alan B'stard to shame.
Dammit, now i;m not talking footie, yah boo, you bought the referee!

That's the first time I've ever heard of 'excessive celebrating' being used to justify a whole 2 miunutes added injury time. It's bollocks. They make it up as they go along these fuckers. Sky was rolling out the FIFA guidelines this morning and making sure the minutes added up perfectly.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's fixed but the rags are the darlings of the 'Premership' era and hold huge sway over everyone involved. It's a form of intimidation, which starts at the top with the shitty arse jock. The sooner he keels over the better football will be.

The comparison between time added on for Bellamy's and Owen's celebration is not valid.

As Bellamy's celebration took up part of the allotted 4 minutes. Therefore it had to be added on.

If Owen scored with 16 seconds remaining then the length of his celebration is irelevant. Once play restarts 16 seconds is still left.

Having said that why there was 4 minutes in the first place is a bit of a mystery.

Apparently when Ferguson first heard there was 4 minutes extra (prior to Bellamy's goal) he let rip with foul mouthed abuse at the official only to be seen later demanding more time.

to clear time added on,I would stop the clock for;

Ref cautioning players
Subs
Injuries
Ball in crowd for excessive amount of time
After every goal,not just those in injury time
Ref going over to bench to have word
Player wasting time,keepers etc

Would also like to see stadium clock stopped with ref indicating with watch and maybe the announcer saying time has stopped.At the minute,its too ambigious.4 minutes mean between 4 and 5.At Eastlands,clock stops at 90 mins.Walking home last sunday,never felt so disappointed in a result in all my life.Close to 81 Cup Final is how I felt.Still wore the City shirt in pub that night heaving with rags.

When will people 1 give up on this and get over it and 2 realise there is no added time in football we play until 90 minutes is up you cant just add time on for a goal say if the goal was scored exactly on 90.

Ben10 said:
BOTh sides are allowed to score in extra time ...one team went for it ,,the other tried to hang on ...disappointing I know ..but a leason learnt?

We should take the initiative. Attacked! when in doubt.

due to all the bullsh*t thats come from the press about how it was right to add so much time on,and if were honest,they can spout the letter of the law but EVERYONE knows it was bollox,that sort of time never ever gets played.Well yesterday,due to some fat yorkshire know-it-all ref,we played 103 minutes of football and my feet are fu**ing killing me!!!! thinking there was about a minute left,i asked him how long to go,30 seconds and then 9 minutes 40 of added on time!!! i told him to f*ck off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.