Ade to sue City, back page of the sun

Ade needs a reality check. If I were being paid as much as him, I wouldn't be whinging about having to train. How does he expect to get signed by another club if he keeps acting like a complete penis? Soon nobody will want him.

SkyBlueFlux said:
"I just received an email from Brian Marwood's secretary, a lady at the club called Claire, telling me to report for training on July 9.

"But when I spoke to the other players I found out the first team was leaving for the pre-season tour of the USA on July 8.

"And I heard this was the same with at least six other players."
Craig Bellamy, Roque Santa Cruz, Shay Given, Wayne Bridge, Nedum Onouha and Michael Johnson are also in the cold.

He added: "What is the point of me coming in to train and they all are in America? I will train on my own."

Erm, now call me stupid... but... isn't Santa Cruz in SOUTH AMERICA.

How on Earth could he have possibly been told to report to training on July 9th? It wont have ever been possible for him to go on the pre-season tour anyway!

Am I missing something there?
Yep! There is no relationship between the 2 statements. . Ade makes a claim about being frozen out and being told to report on the 9th. He also said he found out this was the same with at least 6 players. The Sun then guessed who those players were in the next sentence. One has nothing to do with the other.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:18 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Haze said:
Is this even true? This doesn't even seem realistic legally.
The story might be false, but the fact that it has quotes from Ade suggests it is true or else Ade can sue The Sun. As for being realistic legally, it actually is quite possible. Like I said earlier Goran Pandev won a case against Lazio with very similar facts. I am certain Ade and his lawyers know this, and so does City.

Dax777 said:
Guys, if this is true Ade might have a case. I suggest you all read up on Goran Pandev v. SS Lazio. That case would serve as persuasive precedent for this one. I am not saying Adebayor will win, but he has a damned good case based on the facts as stated.

If you've read the Pandev case, I can't see why you would think it applied here... if it applied here there would be hundreds of players walking away from their contracts every close season. But it doesn't, because Lotito wasn't just making plans for his team (Businesses are allowed to plan and restructure, and the law will not intervene). Lotito did something completely different, something very illegal, rather twisted and genuinely idiotic. He tried to coerce Pandev into signing a new contract, then punished him for not doing so. Not only that, he publicly said as much.

Who cares what he thinks!

what does he expect!!

all he's done the last month is tell everyone how he wants to play for madrid!

were leaving you and the rest of you waste of spaces at home so you can find a club!

wait i bet you wont coz u will prefer to sit on your arse and take the cash!!

No player has ever succeeded in a case like this in the prem certainly not a high profile one.

This doesn't have precedence in uk law. It's guaranteed he would not have the backing of the Pfa even, no one in the game wants to rock this gravy train.

How is it constructive dismissal when the club have called him back for traing and continue to honour his contract ? He's the one who has been saying he will only go to real and on his And their terms.

This is just the sort of thing you would expect from a player like adebayor. If he wasn't such a twat like this and didn't continually cause trouble he would have got his move to real. They don't want him because he is a trouble causing prick.

The actions of a cowardly man.

Good luck to the players who've been jettisoned and told to train with the reserves. Hope you all find new clubs...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.