Ade tonight

eruptron said:
Not the best game for Ade tonight I personally think he's far better with someone playing next to him. But I cannot fathom the people on here who constantly slag him off. He scores goal and is a forward. What more do some of you want?
Some of you need a reality check!! cast your mind back.. and remember..Wayne Biggins..

To stretch the defence, to bring others into play, to offer himself for the ball, to occupy the centre backs...strikers have to do a lot more nowadays because there's only one up top rather than two. Strikers can't get away with just scoring goals any more.

That said Adebayor does all of this when he's on it. He's a quality striker when he's arsed.

hgblue said:
He had an opportunity to impress the manager tonight. I don't think he took it.

This,

he hardly put any effort in, he looked bored at times, you can't knock his first touch and his hold up play at times but i'm just getting bored of him now,

infact if he was on the bench everygame i couldn't care, if balotelli get's a chance and plays like he can, ade will be on his way out.

tonight he had his chance to prove why he should play, and he didn't look bothered, i'm getting rather impatient with him recently.

the problem with him is the same scenario with robinho, it all about when he's arsed and in the mood, when he's bothered is not good enough at all personally,

if this continues, i'd be selling him and goin all out for dzeko.

ramsdale4 said:
I must have been watching a different game because I thought he looked quite sharp. He fought well for the ball, won some good headers and should have scored two or three goals.

The only thing I can fault Ade for tonight was his finishing which is unusual for him.

Have to agree with you .....

he looked interested , which hasn't always been the case .... and he was always lookin' to be involved ... probably should have scored though.

He's had far worse games than this , that's for sure!

ramsdale4 said:
I must have been watching a different game because I thought he looked quite sharp. He fought well for the ball, won some good headers and should have scored two or three goals.

The only thing I can fault Ade for tonight was his finishing which is unusual for him.

Totally agree with this, I don't understand the stuff said on here about him sometimes. Ok, he didn't score, but he held the ball up well, played some nice
link up play with Silva which if it had come off would have had everyone on here
purring. He grafts for the ball and is hard to get off it, most times he manages to
get it to a blue shirt. If any striker was crap tonight it was Jo who was largely anonymous.

got to admit, didn't impress me tonight. Looks like he's not completley there, wouldn't be surprised if he moved on before the window shuts

If one more person says Ade is lazy or disinterested I will shoot them.

He worked hard tonigh and almost/should have scored.

i was sat behind the goals and he worked his arse off in the second half, perhaps he was offside because he was knackered from running his tits off only for the suply not to get past the first defender. and the chances he did get he had to make himself.

Harry Godwin said:
ramsdale4 said:

Totally agree with this, I don't understand the stuff said on here about him sometimes. Ok, he didn't score, but he held the ball up well, played some nice
link up play with Silva which if it had come off would have had everyone on here
purring. He grafts for the ball and is hard to get off it, most times he manages to
get it to a blue shirt.

This is how I saw it too, I can only assume it must look different on a screen...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.