Adebayor back at Carrington yesterday.

FeedTheGoat10 said:
Got nothing against Santa Cruz. Not his fault Hughes paid stupid money for him on a 4(?) year contract, not his fault he was allowed to pass a medical when he clearly wasn't fit. When he has played he's put a shift in to be fair to him.

Didn't part of the medical team lose their jobs over this? I may be wrong, I usually am lol

MCFC Raptor said:
Santa Cruz is half decent but Adebayor is the biggest moaner ever!
I was over the moon (no pun intended lol) when we got him. After a good half a season in 2009 he has gone off the boil completely
A buyout defo needs to happen with both players in all honesty
not in City's interest the way FFP is calulated - their wages can still be discounted

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
FeedTheGoat10 said:
Got nothing against Santa Cruz. Not his fault Hughes paid stupid money for him on a 4(?) year contract, not his fault he was allowed to pass a medical when he clearly wasn't fit. When he has played he's put a shift in to be fair to him.

Didn't part of the medical team lose their jobs over this? I may be wrong, I usually am lol
Never heard that one but I don't know, may well be true

Irwell said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
That's why I'm currently studying physics when I could have just as easily gone into investment banking or something else that pays huge whack.
Piss poor choice of subject really if your aim is to make a name for yourself.

Oh come on. Who hasn't laid awake at night dreaming of being a big name is physics circles?

If I was asked to go to a job where I earned less money I think I'd tell whoever suggested that to fuck off. As annoying as it is, all Adebayor is doing is making us uphold the contract we gave him and he'd likely more than happily play if we put him on the pitch.

Luckily now we are champions it's unlikely we will see players on as astronomical wages as we do now apart from the very elite, it was a nessessary evil to get to where we are today.

BTH said:
waspish said:
Don't blame em not budging on wages would you drop your wages for a move to another company?

For me it's up to the buying club to make the difference we are letting a players go for about a 1/3 of his price because of there wages! I'd love city to tell em to get stuffed

I keep hearing this argument, but it doesn't really apply to Premier League footballers given the huge salaries involved. If the ordinary man in the street had his wages halved he might be looking at struggling to pay his bills, mortgage etc. If one of these players has his wages halved it might mean that he can only buy a Ferrari every three weeks rather than one every week...
You are forgetting that millionaires lives millionaires lifestyle and for them its not that much of money.

CTIDANDREW said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
I may be in the minority here but I would much rather (hypothetically speaking) get paid £25k salary and achieve things in my life than get paid £50k and do fuck all.

I would happily take an absolutely huge drop in salary in order to make a name for myself and try to be remembered for doing something positive.

That's why I'm currently studying physics when I could have just as easily gone into investment banking or something else that pays huge whack.

Obviously though it's an individual thing and if money is that important to Adebayor then that's his choice.

Completely agree. Sadly most of the people in this world would call us crazy and just want to make as much money as they can. It's how society has programmed us to feel, so can't blame people. Happiness>Money for me.

Money allows me to do things that make me happy. i.e. Go to City, go out socially etc.

Instinct says Adebayor will find a new Club somewhere.

MC ID said:
If I was asked to go to a job where I earned less money I think I'd tell whoever suggested that to fuck off. As annoying as it is, all Adebayor is doing is making us uphold the contract we gave him and he'd likely more than happily play if we put him on the pitch.

Luckily now we are champions it's unlikely we will see players on as astronomical wages as we do now apart from the very elite, it was a nessessary evil to get to where we are today.
The thing is all football clubs do this. They go to a player playing another team, promise him the world and tell him how important he will be for them, they give him the money and he relocates and 1-2 years later they say we dont need you so go away. If that was done to me i would say fair enough, but dont expect me to half my wages because you dont want me anymore. if it was the other way around and player says after 2 years i dont want to play for you, the club would say well you have a contract. So now the player is saying well we have a contract

B\connellblue said:
The thing is City have been more than fair with him. Didn't he get months off after the bus shooting. All on full pay I'd imagine. City have been more than sympathetic to the greedy bastard. of course he'll reel out the usual " I need it to sustain my charities ". Any respect i had for him has long vanished.

yet the fucking **** was pictured in a t-shirt with a gun on it the wek after.

what a fucking horrible , lazy, greedy, attention seeking twat he is.

can't stand the guy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.