Adebayor/Barca and Robbie

Romford Pele said:
Aberforth said:
I don't think u're being perfectly honest.

Adebayor was never a favourite of Gunner fans. He was never truly accepted by the Gunner fans. Many gunner fans doubted his ability even after his 30 goal season.

The fact is Ade was not being paid his worth to the club. He was on less than 20 quid a week which is a peppercorn wage when compared to the likes of what Torres, Rooney and Ronaldo receive. Adebayor used Milan's interest as an opportunity to secure better terms for himself.0

The fans booed Ade because they never truly liked, wanted or respected him. The guy felt unloved and disrespected and I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

Once you starting comparing him to Torres and Rooney I stopped reading.
Torres went to Liverpool with a massive rep. He regularly scored for Athletico. He decided to remain on the same wages when he signed for Scouse, and proved himself in his first season, that's why Scouse HAD TO give him a wage increase.
Who the feck was Ade before he came to us? We got him cheap cos none of the big clubs wanted to take a punt.
After the 07-08 season he started carping on about how he's worth more than what he was on. ONE season! It's not like the previous season he showed any potential to score 30. The only telling contribution I remember him making in 06-07 was scoring the winner at Old Toilet.
Anyhow, after publicly courting both Meelan and Barca (only one hour after a press conference professing his love of Arsenal, might I add) he got what he wanted. He was now one of the highest paid players at the club. We were well within our rights to demand another productive season from him. It was up to him to convince US he wanted to stay and wasn't a one season wonder.
He failed.

Miserably.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/6175361/Manchester-Citys-Emmanuel-Adebayor-lifts-the-lid-on-his-feud-with-Nicklas-Bendtner.html
When I first signed at Arsenal they didn’t put even one pound on my salary at Monaco. I told them: 'I will show you how good I am and afterwards we can discuss a contract.

sweep said:
Romford Pele said:
Once you starting comparing him to Torres and Rooney I stopped reading.
Torres went to Liverpool with a massive rep. He regularly scored for Athletico. He decided to remain on the same wages when he signed for Scouse, and proved himself in his first season, that's why Scouse HAD TO give him a wage increase.
Who the feck was Ade before he came to us? We got him cheap cos none of the big clubs wanted to take a punt.
After the 07-08 season he started carping on about how he's worth more than what he was on. ONE season! It's not like the previous season he showed any potential to score 30. The only telling contribution I remember him making in 06-07 was scoring the winner at Old Toilet.
Anyhow, after publicly courting both Meelan and Barca (only one hour after a press conference professing his love of Arsenal, might I add) he got what he wanted. He was now one of the highest paid players at the club. We were well within our rights to demand another productive season from him. It was up to him to convince US he wanted to stay and wasn't a one season wonder.
He failed.

Miserably.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/6175361/Manchester-Citys-Emmanuel-Adebayor-lifts-the-lid-on-his-feud-with-Nicklas-Bendtner.html
When I first signed at Arsenal they didn’t put even one pound on my salary at Monaco. I told them: 'I will show you how good I am and afterwards we can discuss a contract.

What, do you think I'm not aware of the twat's comments?
Am I to assume you're trying to correct me? What's to correct? If you wish to quote me, quote the whole of that paragraph, not part of it. Then, maybe we can discuss.

Romford Pele said:
sweep said:

Am I to assume you're trying to correct me? What's to correct? If you wish to quote me, quote the whole of that paragraph, not part of it. Then, maybe we can discuss.
In case you didn't notice I did quote the whole paragraph, I simply highlighted the laughable part where you big up another player for doing exactly the same as the player you're slagging off.

sweep said:
Romford Pele said:
In case you didn't notice I did quote the whole paragraph, I simply highlighted the laughable part where you big up another player for doing exactly the same as the player you're slagging off.

Mate, not to question your grasp of English Grammar but you merely quoted a sentence. You did not however quote the whole paragraph. ;)

Romford Pele said:
sweep said:

Mate, not to question your grasp of English Grammar but you merely quoted a sentence. You did not however quote the whole paragraph. ;)
Maybe you should look at your own English, when I quoted you I quoted the whole of your post, when I quoted Ade I quoted what was relevant and dropped the link in in case you wanted to read the rest.

Off to the match now, hopefully Ade will leave you even more bitter ;)

To underline my sentence and use it to compare to ShadyBayor with Torres and Shrek is laughable. In case you chose to ignore it Torres came to EPL with a massive rep, didn't ask for a pay increase and proved his worth.
Shadybayor came here with nowt, didn't do nish except run offside, save for that one goal at Old Toilet. It was only after the 07-08 season he began to improve. Surely, asking Wenger for a payrise directly instead of prostituting yourself to Meelan/Barca would've been the better way to do things? (I'm guessing you's think differently?)
He got his payrise and promptly went on to play sh*te and blamed the fans.
What a fcukin w*nker.
And apparently his agent tried to get the Munich's interest before he signed for you's, and when they got a flat NO, he wanted to extract more money out of you lot.
To be honest I'm glad he's gone. And I'm not bitter he's no longer with us. We got £25 big ones. No way we were getting that from Meeelan or Barca.

Cheers for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.