Adebayor Didn't Use Van Persie's Head As A Bootscraper

allblues09 said:
Gwladiator said:
Adebayor is a quality player but you can't really defend that.

The foot he had is weight on was turning over, he had no option but to put his other foot down to maintain his balance after the abysmal challenge by RVP.

He didn't put it down straight though, he flicked it out, he could have avoided Van Persie if he wanted to.

Gwladiator said:
allblues09 said:
The foot he had is weight on was turning over, he had no option but to put his other foot down to maintain his balance after the abysmal challenge by RVP.

He didn't put it down straight though, he flicked it out, he could have avoided Van Persie if he wanted to.

You are talking about less than a second to make that reaction. It is hardly feasible to believe that he had time to see and decide that he could kick RVP in the face. He was reeling trying to keep his balance, his one planted foot rolls over and he puts his other foot down (as any person who has lost their balance would). But according to you and others he not only had time to regain his balance, but also the nimbleness and ability to kick out while regaining his balance. Amazing skill if true. He must be a cat. ;)

IF, and it is a big IF, RVP's horror tackle was even remotely in control it would have never of happened.

The most sad part of all this is how Arsenal are looking for anything other than their poor form to blame for the loss.
Not surprising, but sad none-the-less.

Marvin said:
I wouldn't defend it beyond pointing out that the reaction has been hysterical.

If you were to catch an elbow in the face in a slow-motion replay then it would look horrendous. I can understand the incident being investigated by the FA, but I hope that they take into account Van persie's tackle, and keep everything in perspective.

I am not confident they will do so

This is the FA we're talkin' about, don't hold your breath.

city bairn said:
I was disgusted at the way Van Persie aggressively headbutted Adebayors boot.

Yes I fully agree with your point Mr Bairn, some one could of lost a toe!!!!

HOW COME THERE IS SO LITTLE TALK ABOUT RVP!!!!

sorry for the all caps but I can't get over this. RVP goes in from behind with a vicious toe footed challenge with no attempt at the ball that could have easily injured Ade should he not avoided it. Ade then reacted to this wrongfully but he was not the instigator here it was RVP.

As i posted on another thread, ask for a personal hearing get someone like George Carman in and there will be no ban Using video of past incidents and the resulting no action e.g. Shearer on Lennon and the Chuckle 1 in front of Liverpool fans Also it must be beyond reasonable doubt otherwise he cannot be convicted and the statement by RVP and Arsenal coupled with the media coverage, could be argued, prevent a fair decision being made. and RVP in front of City fans. Secondly the RVP statement and the publication by Arse should lead to a charge of bringing the game into dispute

johnny crossan said:
The careful Ade watcher will notice that he hyperextends his lower leg regularly in pursuit of the ball. It's a feature of his play. I'm sure he didn't notice RVP, or if he did, he made every reasonable effort to avoid him. Seriously, the club should submit video evidence to show that his alleged "stamp" is actually a trademark.

I don't care. He has been by far our best player this season. Closely followed by SWP who I don't like and then Bellamy. Where is Ireland and Robbie? I mean that in a way as look at the players we have. Our main guns haven't even had to come in to action yet!

Bottom line is only Ade knows if he meant it or not.

You can look at the video another thousand times and interpret it any way you like but, to me, it looked like at the very least he could have avoided RVPs head.

I know he was pumped up for the match, but at the end of the day, with the run to the other end and that challenge, he is going to end up with a ban.

For over 100k a week, as a fan, I expect more self restraint.

Unfortunately after many views of the video, I do think that Ade tried to stamp RVP... HOWEVER, if you look at the video, it seems as though he is trying to step on his hand. When he eventually nicks RVP's face, he is noticeably taken aback. While stamping on someone's hand isn't a good thing, it was a poor tackle and I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be a stamp of the face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.