Adebayor (merged)

Re: Adebayor!

Without wishing to get in to an argument about the merits of Adebayor I find it hilarious that the Op sais no about City trying to sign him.

Re: Adebayor

mancboy123 said:
Simon23 you keep quoting players who have neve played in the premiership. This guy has consistently scored goals in the premiership a feat which eto'o and fabiano havent done and before you come back at me with they score goals in the spanish league yes i accept that BUT so does forlan and he didnt do it here.

We are trying to hit the ground running and i think wed have a better chance to do that with a guy who knows the league as oppose to 2 guys who while good in another league have no guarantees that the will play well in this league add onto that the stress of settling into a foreign country etc and this cold turn out to be a decent buy.

Id have both the 2 players you mentioned but there is alot of variable to consider with both.
quite agree.and if you add onto that,that MH needs to make a huge impact this season or else,then it makes sense to go for proven prem quality. Remember theres been quite a few foreign superstars that didnt make it here....Shevchenko,Veron to name 2.
CITY....CITY...CITY...CITY....just felt like typin that cos im feelin very gidey !!!!!!!!

Would be a great signing, my only concern is who is left and will it just be hit it in the air football?
None of Tevez, Adebayor or Rocky are exactly fantastic finishers, RSC and Adey fantastic in the air; Adey and Tevez shot technique brilliant but would you trust them one on one and none are exactly renowed for their speed?
And who of the current strike force is left IF these deals go through? No need for Benji, Ched, Caicedo; assuming Bellamy and Boji stay (which is not certain) would any of RSC, Tevez or Adebayor be content on the bench? Just a thought.

Mr Rich said:
Would be a great signing, my only concern is who is left and will it just be hit it in the air football?
None of Tevez, Adebayor or Rocky are exactly fantastic finishers, RSC and Adey fantastic in the air; Adey and Tevez shot technique brilliant but would you trust them one on one and none are exactly renowed for their speed?
And who of the current strike force is left IF these deals go through? No need for Benji, Ched, Caicedo; assuming Bellamy and Boji stay (which is not certain) would any of RSC, Tevez or Adebayor be content on the bench? Just a thought.

i disagree - Tevez is a quality finisher
go have a look at his goal against us

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I would really like him, 2 years ago he distroyed us at Eastlands.

i remember sitting there with my dad applauding arsenal for the way they played, i thinks its the only time ive seen dunne and richards think twice about going in for a challenge.

Re: Adebayor

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Citycitytid said:
not a chance will we sign Adebayor simple reason....BOJ and Bellamy

Are you on medication?
I would take him in a heartbeat.
Blues on here need a reality check if they think he isn't good enough.

It pains me to say it but some fellow Blues really need a reality check. The whole purpose of this transfer window for us is to improve the Team/squad. Would this signing do that? Most certainly.

For all the City fans that think we are too good for him - what the hell are you on? He improves the squad - no doubt about that. Hughes wants two players for each position - last season we had no target man, now we may have the option of two. If you only want world class £80M players, may I suggest supporting Real Madrid?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.