Adebayor (merged)

I think Adebayors a top player and hopefully this deal can go through however it was never going to be as easy as just offering him a contract and him signing within hours. At the end of the day he's playing for a club who constantly finish in the top four and will be playing champions leauge football this season to a club that finished 10th last season and won't be in europe at all this season so i don't really blame him for thinking about it and for people to suggest we pull the deal when we've only made our interest clear about a week ago is ridiculous

As it stands i think he'll sign for us. I can't see anyway that he can stay at Arsenal and unless someone else comes in for him which i doubt they will he'll be ours

Wrighty Wrexham said:
moomba said:
I'd be amazed if he was a deciding factor in either signing.

Here we go again just like the manager of Real Madrid, whats his name again, was the deciding factor for Kaka, Ronaldo and Benzama!

They went there because it was Real Madrid thats why they comin here because we are Man City!
agreed but imo british players would be swayed by hughes, terry is a friend of hughes, which im hoping will help the transfer! and although he done his best work in a rag shirt hughes over the his playing years won the respect of most footballers and fans

spanishblue said:
Pam said:
Can someone just clarify a point. Who is saying he's already had his medical. If he has subnitted to a medical and THEN stated to dither, I'd fire the idiot off right now because that's waste of time behaviour. This is what I mean about his intellect (or absence thereof) because I'm beginning to dislike the bugger and you'd have thought that he'd be minimising the risk of provoking distaste amongst a new set of supporters, given his track record with Arsenal fans. I'm beginning to think the Gooners are right and we shouldn't bother.

You put it better than i did Pam

As for hate it is not the case i just want players who want us i will cheer him the same as any other blue but i don't think this one is going to work if it dose i will come back and apologize

He hasn't had a medical yet

Pam said:
Can someone just clarify a point. Who is saying he's already had his medical. If he has subnitted to a medical and THEN stated to dither, I'd fire the idiot off right now because that's waste of time behaviour. It isn't a good start. He may end uip being as disliked by us as he is by the Gooners. You don't submit to a medical; sign to confirm a change of employer on a work permit and THEN start to dither. That isn't on.

Ok, so far:

City make bid to Arsenal
Arsenal agree
We talk to Ade and offer deal
He accepts in principal but is shocked Arsenal have deal with City
Ade, maybe on his advisors say gets a work-permit so it's in place should Ade want to come.
Then LOTS OF FAFFING

The work-permit was done early as it can take a while to go through in case of complication. Not as simple as a 2-3 hour medical.

He's not agreed to medical so far because a medial is always after a contract is fully agreed, 'subject to a medical'

In the LOTS OF FAFFING stage we don't really know what the problem is.

Could be Ade needs time to be 100% sure
Could be that he wants to screw Arsenal for this £2m
Could be anything else we're not in the know about

Dillon said:
Cambridgeblue said:
I'm delighted we're trying to sign players like Eto'o and Ade... and personally I think Adebayor would be a better signing because he has youth on his side seeing as he is only 25 and already one of the best strikers in the prem.

However I do feel that our other targets who are perhaps 50-50 about joining city (i.e. Lescott and Terry) will be watching this deal closely and if it doesn't come off then they may also decide to stay put. If Adebayor signs then we can truly be said to be a top 4 challenger next season, if he doesn't we're more of a gamble.

Agree on both points.

Ade is the best player we've been close to signing so far. Perfect age to grow with us and yet he's already an established goalscorer.

And I agree that until we make a signing like this others will still be unsure. Lescott is different though. He's 100% to sign as soon as we put a contract in front of him.

We said all this about the Tevez deal now hes signed we are applyin it to Adebayor!

If Adebayor signs I bet will will then apply the theory to Terry!

Our current signings are brilliant and hopefully will continue to be lets not be downbeat about it!

TFC said:
moomba said:
I'd be amazed if he was a deciding factor in either signing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmsHGUObXpE&feature=related[/youtube]

Not sure what point you're trying to make here. But keeping posting youtube videos instead of indulging in conversation. It seems fun.

Cambridge no it wasn't and it wasn't at anyone in particular.

Aimed at the oh no the daily sport says the deal is off as he wants to go to fluminese flap flap flap flap brigade.

And the we shouldn't go for any pláyer in case they say no brigade!

Ffs we are a team not in Europe and in tenth place I would be extremely concerned about any top player who signed for us without thinking carefully about their motives. Anyone who signs in two minutes is much more likely to do so for the wrong reasons than someone who thinks about it!

My bet is it is about money and probably on the arsenal end and what is said in public is to try and counter mercenary allegations.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
If Adebayor signs I bet will will then apply the theory to Terry!

Our current signings are brilliant and hopefully will continue to be lets not be downbeat about it!

Nah, though I see what you mean. It's natural to move onto the next one.

For me I'd already be happy if we just signed Ade. It would show we can really compete to get these players and that they are happy to join us.

JT would change the whole club I think. In a good way possibly but he'd become club captain and the main leader on and off the pitch.

JT is obviously even bigger but in terms of ability alone I think it's a lot easier for us to get a centre-back to do a job similar to JT than it is for us to get a centre-forward to have the impact I think Ade will.

Also, JT doesn't seem realistic so it's not something we can really get too excited about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.