Adebayor (merged)

Project Rain said:
stavros said:
i know yeah ! imagine if some of these were in charge of negotiations FFS.
"ok emanuel you will sign in the next 20 minutes or were moving on "
"ok fuck off then"

"We'll give you £15m and Richards"
"The press say you want 250k, you can fuck right off son"

"Well, you seem to have the skills, but your only worth 500K on Football Manager, so we won't be signing you"

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/114454/Ade-deal-closer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/ ... eal-closer</a>

Beginning to look on for tomoz.

According to Daily Mirror Adeybayor signed Friday night, but is in dispute with Arsenal.
=========================================================================================
Emmanuel Adebayor last night completed his £22million move to Manchester City - but remains locked in a battle with Arsenal over his £2m loyalty bonus.

The Togo striker is adamant he is due the cash from the Gunners because he did not put in a transfer request.

It is a demand that will leave Arsenal fans stunned as it was Adebayor’s apparent lack of commitment that soured their relationship with him.

The 25-year-old hit just 16 goals last season – as he courted the attentions of AC Milan – compared to the season before in which he smashed 30.

Adebayor – who will pick up £170,000-a-week at City – said his goodbyes to the Arsenal players and staff at the Gunners’ London Colney training ground yesterday.

He then travelled to Manchester to finalise the paperwork to complete the deal.

Adebayor’s wages at Eastlands will be around double what he was earning at the Emirates, with his agents set to pick up around £2m for their “services”.
But he is determined to squeeze Arsenal for one last pay day as revenge for agreeing the deal while he was on holiday in Togo.

It is believed the shocked striker initially threatened to dig his heels in and refuse to join City after being told a fee had been agreed for him and that he had to leave.

He later relented after realising he had no future at the Emirates.

Andrey Arshavin is confident Arsenal can win the Champions League next season – even without Adebayor.

The Gunners’ £15m Russian hitman said: “To win the Champions League means everything. We nearly did it last season, and I do not see big problems.

“Adebayor is an excellent striker. Everybody knows him and he can score from nothing. But we have Arsene Wenger. He knows if we need someone, then he will buy.”

I can't say I'm as excited about this fella signing as opposed to Tevez, BUT he will definitely score goals, just hope his attitude doesn't get in the way, IMO though, Terry & Lescott should be the priority over this deal.

Pam said:
stavros said:
good question, im not sure what the rules are.
this could be whats holding it up

It held up the Joey Barton (Praise Be His Name) deal to Newcastle if anyone remembers that. He had a £300,000 loyalty bonus that City refused to pay. Eventually, the bar codes came in and paid it so they could get the deal done.

they were stung good and proper, we got 5.8m for joey, elano cost 8m, madness.

yellamcfc said:
I can't say I'm as excited about this fella signing as opposed to Tevez, BUT he will definitely score goals, just hope his attitude doesn't get in the way, IMO though, Terry & Lescott should be the priority over this deal.

Hopefully he won't be too keen on alienating another set of fans.

that express article is from yesterday (Friday) morning btw

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/114454/Ade-deal-closer

http://www.footballnewshq.com/

will the mail have any credibilty left if they get this 100% wrong ? is it all gone already ?

PMSL at the "asking to rejoin Arsenal" if he was in fact asking about the loyalty bonus or simply saying goodbye

they've been found out today on the negredo to Spurs story aswell

and only a few days since Newcastle released a statement after the mail said Kinnear was coming back as manager

Pam said:
yellamcfc said:

"The best fans in the land and all the world" .............I may add.

Pam said:
yellamcfc said:

i'm worried about where he'll fit in

was starting to think Tevez and RSC looked a top 4 strike force, not good to hear that he apparentky won't be missed at Arsenal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.