Adebayor (merged)

Serious question to ask for sensible posters only.

Why is the figure quoted for the Transfer fee so low at only £ 20 million ??

my best shot at summing up adebayor and eto'o, last updated June 13th 16.00. hope it's of use to some people.

Emmanuel Adebayor:

No official comment:

Press:

SSN have just stated 'Talks have been held but no official bid has been made'. 'Talks are in the very early stages. A valuation of 20m may have been given but no fee has been agreed, and at this stage Adebayor is not close to being a city payer'

SSN Reported at lunchtime that City were holding talks with Arsenal regarding adebayor.
Sky Sports Sources understand Manchester City are in talks with Arsenal over the possible signing of striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

Adebayor has been linked with a move away from Arsenal this summer, with a number of European clubs said to be interested in his services.

But the Togo international's future looked to be settled after his agent recently stated he would be staying at Emirates Stadium.

However, it is understood talks between affluent club City and their Premier League rivals Arsenal over a possible deal have begun.

Later confirmed byThe Daily Mail, Guardian, MEN and other uk papers.

ITK/Opinion:

Approach for Adebayor firmly floated last night. No info regarding how close a transfer may be.

Note:
Newsnow has a link for Goal.com promising an 'exclusive' report that a fee has been agreed, but the article contains no new information.
City and Arsenal have stated they will not comment on any transfer speculation.

Samuel Eto:
Official Comment from MCFC.CO.UK:

* Fri 10 Jul 2009, 8:00PM
* Posted by Chris Bailey

Manchester City has confirmed that it has ended its interest in bringing Samuel Eto'o to the football Club

Speaking about the matter, club CEO, Garry Cook said, “Samuel Eto'o is undoubtedly a fine footballer but the circumstances surrounding him were such that the deal could not be completed.

“We now feel the time is right to pursue other avenues and we have a clear and strategic transfer plan, which we continue to follow.

Papers/Media:
Speculation is rife that Barca will attempt to revive the deal.
Barcelona are desperately trying to revive a deal to sell Samuel Eto'o to Manchester City.

The Cameroon striker is ready to break his silence on the summer transfer saga by holding a press conference tomorrow.

But his employers want to head off any embarrassment by doing a deal with City, despite the Premier League club releasing a statement on Friday that they had ended their interest in the 28-year-old.

But The Mirror thinks there is no chance of a deal being revived:
A City insider told Sunday Mirror Sport: "The decision to end negotiations with Barca for Eto'o is not a bluff.

"Khaldoon felt negotiations had reached a dead end and it was time to draw a line under the episode and concentrate on other targets.

"Khaldoon is not the kind of man to make U-turns once a statement of intent has been made public.

"He decided Manchester City were not going to get caught in the crossfire of the game between Barcelona and Eto'o."

Previous stories seemed to suggest that either Eto'o was unconvinced over the move, or was in disagreement with Barca over their desire to sell him as he will be entitled to leave on a free at the end of next season. Barca have countered by offering him a two year extension on his present terms. Eto'o seems to want a large slice of the transfer fee in return for leaving this year. All of this was well explained in a MEN article.

ITK/Opinion:
Reported that a deal was agreed between City and Eto'o, and City and Barca, but a deal between Barca and Eto'o seems to have been the sticking point. A minority opinion holds that this deal might not be as dead as it seems.

I like Adebayor (and thanks to another poster for highlighting the ebay in his name so it's spelt right) and I believe that he would do well for us. He's a genuine goal getter and has proven Premier League experience. I remember watching Match of the Day (or it might have been Goals on Sunday) last season, and they highlighted the positions he takes up to get his goals, fascinating stuff.

I like the way that MH is buying players with proven Premier League experience as it means that they should hit the ground running and know what to expect. Okay, Eto'o might have been an exception, and Robinho certainly is, but what about this? We don't sign Eto'o this summer, but we do in January, for a lot less seeing as though his contract's up next season? Or even for nothing at the end of this season...Or maybe someone better and younger if we've qualified for the Chimps League...

Please god NO.

I don't want that shitty dancing anywhere near Eastlands.

Re: Adebayor!

tpot said:
I honestly think this is also to do with the African tour, That is why we were trying to sign Etto, We are trying to sign a top African player to Big us up in that part of the world, Only my opinion.

What, make us big in Togo?

Immaculate Pasta said:
Please god NO.

I don't want that shitty dancing anywhere near Eastlands.

Were you saying that when SWP, Robinho and Jo were doing it Vs Portsmouth during the 6 - 0 game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.