Adebayor (merged)

Blue Coop said:
10 goals in 21 starts this season.
24 goals in 32 starts last season.

Why can I not bring myself to be excited about Adebayor.

The thought of Eto'o have raised my standards way too much. :(!

If I'm honest I'm with you, I'm not enthused at all about him coming. Said to my old man before that he doesnt excite me and the gooner fans arent sad to see him go are they! Would rather we bought Forlan or similar. Guess it's all part of taking players from the "top 4" and making a statement to those teams of "we can take your players from you". Would be excited if we manage to sign Terry but not Adebayor I'm afraid. But saying that 34 goals in 53 games in the premier isnt a bad return, plus he is "proven" in the EPL you could say.

I'm not saying Adebayor is better than Eto'o. Et'o clearly has the better record. But. I think Adebayor may be a better fit for us as this time (as would Fabiano have been). If he signs we'll have the 6 strikers/forwards for 3 positions, each of which are relatively similar in style...

Tevez Adebayor Robinho
Bellamy RCS Bojinov

I know Bojinov and Robinho are more different than the rest but they can offer the same to an extent - deeper striker who'll take players on in an effort to get into the box. I was never comfortable with Bojinov as a target man - he's beefy but better IMO facing the opposition than with his back to goal.

Add to that SWP, Petrov and Weiss as wide players, and Caicedo as an alternative targetman and we have more than enough options/cover. In fact we have enough to loan a few out. (Maybe even Bojinov actually with SWP/Petrov covering Robinho)

I hope we get a bit more cover in the center of midfield not (Alonso would be my dream or even that South African we were linked with a while back). And then tie up Terry and Lescott thank you very much.

Happy days!!!

not my fault! said:
Blue Coop said:
10 goals in 21 starts this season.
24 goals in 32 starts last season.

Why can I not bring myself to be excited about Adebayor.

The thought of Eto'o have raised my standards way too much. :(!

If I'm honest I'm with you, I'm not enthused at all about him coming. Said to my old man before that he doesnt excite me and the gooner fans arent sad to see him go are they! Would rather we bought Forlan or similar. Guess it's all part of taking players from the "top 4" and making a statement to those teams of "we can take your players from you". Would be excited if we manage to sign Terry but not Adebayor I'm afraid. But saying that 34 goals in 53 games in the premier isnt a bad return, plus he is "proven" in the EPL you could say.

34 goals in 53 starts isn't a bad return is a big under statement infact Torres has only just bettered that with 38 in 57

Adebayor knows what the premierships all about and has shown he can do an excellent job, some of the goals he's scored since he's been at Arsenal have been fantastic. His goal against Villareal, his goal at Newcastle and of course his goal against Spurs all stand out but i'm sure theres a few more crackers he's scored since he's been at Arsenal

I have a good friend who is a life long gooners season ticket holder and had to ask him the question after admitting to him that Adebayor didnt float my boat.

He Said that he would much rather have in his time as opposed to being against him, a bit of a slapped arse sulker, world class yet also a nitemare.

Goes missing and then scores a goal of the season goal....

I think all in all he's worth a punt wth the loose change nestled with the fluff in sheikh Monsours back pocket

iv been to a few football matches over the years and seen some genuine world class performances.
i saw steven gerrard play against brum at st andrews and was outstanding !
same when henry ripped us apart in the 5 -0 was it?
i thought 2 years ago when arsenal beat us 3-1 adebayors performance was outrageously good !
i rate him massively , and perhaps he needs a new challenge

by all acounts last year arsenal fanse seem to think he had a bad season. well his goals tally was still decent enough !

i for one think this is a GREAT buy , and prefer him to eto'o

Cake said:
goat boy said:

Think its photoshop mate, if you look at his Nationality it is down as (AFR) I presume that to mean Africa - if it was real then surely his Nationality would be (TOG) for Togo as per Dunne (IRL) Barry (ENG) Bojinov (BUL).

Just my thoughts but he plays for Togo the country as opposed to Africa the Continent, don't think our web guys would be allowed to screw up that bad with what we have paid for new site!

Definitely fake.

He's added kiddie comments about City being ignorant for getting his country wrong.

Clearly it was him who got it wrong.

Bullshit for me, no doubt

Tis true, mental times are here for sure, one minute we think Eto is on then next Adebayor feels like bit of a let down?! Crazy shit for sure. I think with the presence of Ade and RSC the rest of our attacking flair will flourish. Also takes a bit of pressure off Santa. We were too outmuscled far too many time espec. vrs tha sweaties. The scuzzers didn't drop a point vrs the entire bottom 10 last season, that's why they won the league. At 25 Ade is at a top age for Bluesey to mold him into seriously shithot striker..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.