Adebayor (merged)

goonerfan said:
simon23 said:
goonerfan

can I ask you what is your honest assessment of Adebeyour? Ive read that some arsenal fans are really happy to see him go.

I also think he is quite a similar style player to RSC so Im a litte confused by MH going for him....

He undoubtedly has talent, but Im suprised to see Wenger letting him go.....

Also, who do you think will replace Adebeyour in your current squad or will wenger go buy someone else

Hi Simon,
My honest opinion - he is very different from Santa Cruz. SC very direct, dynamic player, a lead the line type player, and when he had that great season, quite a few were scored off his napper.
Adebayor very different type of player. These days, too often seen going away from goal in fact! In fact, last season less shots at goal than he should have had - he seems to have got a bit lazy for us, so I think it's good business for us, good for the player and good for you to have hiim hae a fresh challenge.
In fairness, he is a good player. His main problem this season has been naggling probs so didnt have full fitness, plus his mind was elsewhere. He knows where the goal is and looking at your front 6 he will get plenty of chances, and he will score goals for you.
Attitude wise he can be a bit of a pillock, but hughes seems a disciplinarian.

hi goonerfan,
good post mate and welcome.
we will put a smile on gooners faces very soon when we get "mr chelsea" ;-)

Bluemoon115 said:
Dobsy87 said:
I've not claimed any ITK before and this has probably already been said elsewhere, so shoot me down if you like, but I can confirm that he is definitely booked in for a medical. He's signed subject to a medical.

Aye.

For a work permit, you need to submit details such as salary, length of employment etc, so personal terms must be agreed or extremely close.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

basically he's said

Dobsy87 said:
I've not claimed any ITK before and this has probably already been said elsewhere, so shoot me down if you like, but I can confirm that he is definitely booked in for a medical. He's signed subject to a medical.

*BB pays close attention to punctuation*

;-)

Marvin said:
goonerfan said:
Allright cityfans,
Looks like you got Adebayor tied up..good luck with him, he's been all right for us - a bit mardy at times, a bit lazy at times, but he knows where the goal is and i'm sure he'll do well for you.

IMHO he doesnt seem like a hughes signing - hughes seems to be going for talent + work ethic + mental attitude, and he just not really got the hughes work ethic etc, so still struggling to get my head around the idea of him going to a hughes team. Still, all the best with him and good luck, bring on the season!
Thank you

If he scores the number of goals that he scored for Arsenal that will do us. 18 months ago he was phenomenal. Possibly the best striker in Europe, and I see no reason why he cannot recapture his form. That goal he scored against Spurs was unbelievable, and I remember a special overhead kick in the latter stages of the Champions League

Hopefully we can get near to Arsenal this season. Wenger is a great manager though it has puzzled me for some time why he hasn't strengthened the goal-keeping and central defence. I know you have bought a central defender this season. it's about time

Good Luck for the new season. Should be a great season. Utd and Chelsea don't look as strong as they did. Liverpool look like the team to beat this season.

If City can defend away from home, then we could break into the top 4, but that will take some doing. Teams don't gel overnight

Cheers for that, I hope we can sort out squad frailties out quickly! But I dont think you lot will have too many problems. That is a strong looking squad - you will cause your share of scares this season, thats for sure.

goonerfan I completely agree, Santa Cruz will go out and do the job, where as there's more to Adebayor than that, he will entertain in the process. I think Adebayor will be our main striker this season but he will know that if he sulks for one minute, Roque will be all over him to take his place in the team. I'm very excited about the prospect of having all these great forwards at the club, all we need to do is make sure we get the most out of every single one of them.

Good times for city fans hey??

CTID!!

goonerfan said:
mancityscot said:
they'll replace him with that merouane chemakh

Don't forget eduardo! He's a proper player.
And Arshavin. But you will miss the power and pace of Adebayor. he gives you something different

As an outsider I think some of you have taken Adebayor for granted. When I watched MOTD last season, you were always giving Adebayor stick, and I'm sure it affected his game. Two seasons ago, he was unbelieveable. Didn't he score in 10 succesive games?

My favourite Arsenal player is Diaby. I can't understand why Wenger doesn't play him more often. He's got everything. Reminds me of Vieira. I hope Spurs sign him. when I've seen him play recently he's been a shadow of his former self

only1paulsimpson said:
hi goonerfan,
good post mate and welcome.
we will put a smile on gooners faces very soon when we get "mr chelsea" ;-)

Cheers PS,
To be honest I am looking forward to this and really hope the best for city. Two reasons:
1. Too much mediocrity in the premier league, while the cosy four stay cosy and comfortable. Who was gonna run us close this season? Noone. Really, noone. Not Villa, and without a proper striker would never have been everton. We didnt need to strengthen our squad, we could bank on the ffact that we could tread water - know we couldn't win prm, but at the same time know we were not going to lose our all important top four position. If you will, a bit complacent. If you lot make us look over our shoulders that can only be good. Its called competition, and if it stops our board being complacent and actually signing some players to defend our position, thats healthy competition! Thats what its all about!
2. From the look of it, looks like you'll be playing some proper football with that lot!
So let the fun begin!

Interesting points Marvin, cheers for that.
You're right, at times we have taken Adebayor for granted - though I don't reckon it has brought his confidence / ego down (if only!). He has done a job for us and he will for city, he is talented.
No disrespect to city, but he is a lot better than vassell. So you can rest assured your squad is being made stronger, and i think as a result he will be well loved. City fans seem to take to their players.
Diaby though is a bit blow-hot, blow-cold. You can watch him and think he's a world beater, then you can watch him and wonder if it's the same guy, and think what is it arsene sees in him! But he has shown plenty of promise so lets hope next season is the making of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.