Adebayor (Merged)

ozzie2920 said:
Neil McNab said:
Would Umbro make it public that they were pissed off that he was wearing a Nike shirt? No, because it would make them look like a small minded bunch of knobs!

And are the same company as Nike so why would they ?
youre%20missing%20the%20point.jpg

LateBlue said:
AntonDonJuan said:
Oh neither do i, we're not arguing that, we're arguing the fact he just shouldn't have done it

No he shouldn't, but does he deserve some of the remarks on this thread?
I don't know because i haven't read it all

Matty said:
Anyone who gives a fuck what he was wearing whilst talking about nearly dying and the deaths of colleagues really needs to sort out their priorities. I couldn't give a fuck if he turned up wearing a Donald Duck outfit like Elton John in the 70's. If he's representing City then he'll be wearing official City attire, in this situation he's at home being interviewed about a traumatic event that is completely unrelated to City, he can wear whatever he wants to.

Exactly mate and this thread should be stopped now. Bring on Toffees.

To be brutally honest, I couldn't give a flying one if Ade wore an Arsenal shirt under his City shirt, so long as he was giving us 100% and was doing the business.

He supports Arsenal? Who cares. All that matters is how he performs every time he turns out for us. He scores goals... no problem.

But let's not be naive about the reasons behind it all. Those suggesting "he had nothing else to wear"... or "His head was fucked up and he wasn't thinking"... can't seriously believe any of those reasons. Can they?

What Ade was doing was making a statement. He was in front of the world's media and wanted everyone to know where his heart was. He knew exactly what he was doing. He wanted to be seen as he sees himself. And that's as a supporter of Arsenal and not City.

At times of emotional stress, people revert back to where they feel most comfortable and surround themselves with happy memories.

We only pay his wages. Tough, but true.

But he's made a rod for his own back, and the first time he bottles a challenge or strolls around disinterested, then don't be surprised if questions are asked as to his loyalties.

Bossman Blue said:
Vendetta against Adebayer

This is directed at those posters who don’t recognise or don’t agree with the above.

Play:-
Taking a lot of stick for not trying and yet he has not yet played under Mancini. In fact he has not played since Spurs away and how many tried then. In Hughes’s later games he looked completely pissed off at being asked to play as a long ball target by Hughes despite everyone knowing that he prefers the ball played to feet ahead of him.
Please consider a long list of players who never performed at their best under Hughes and we can start that list with Dunny who before Hughes Joined was POY 4 years running, Petrov, Micah who went from being a nailed on England defender to City joke. What about Lescott who struggled despite being a first name on team sheet at Everton. Add your own players name to that list. He was also carrying an injury for some of those games and like it or not he had the AFN coming up and some players are affected by big tournaments and don’t want to miss out on playing for their country. Lets see how hard our England players are playing in April and May.

Shirt: - I believe that some of the hatred being directed at Ade over the shirt is as a direct result of how he played the last few games under Hughes, in which case see above, if not read on. We don’t know anything about how or why he ended up wearing the shirt. How much flack did Tevez get for the ten pin outing when he was seen at the start of the video wearing a red and white Santa hat despite blue and white being available? He has just seen 3 people he knew well killed yards from him not knowing if he would be the next to die.

Mancini will judge him on how he plays once he is back and that’s good enough for me.
Agree completely

bizzbo said:
AntonDonJuan said:

to be fair you haven't come close to the level of poster who got me so wound up in the first place
I'm not trying to wind anyone up, it's just we have very differing opinions about this

AntonDonJuan said:
LateBlue said:
No he shouldn't, but does he deserve some of the remarks on this thread?

go back and read first two pages, you might see why I'm a bit upset about this.

I'm assuming that 'ozzie' and 'lordeffingham' were arsenal fans or rags

but here's a gem from a regular poster

This clown has proved on more than one occasion that he's a lazy mercenary who couldn't give a shit about city.

Soulboy said:
To be brutally honest, I couldn't give a flying one if Ade wore an Arsenal shirt under his City shirt, so long as he was giving us 100% and was doing the business.

He supports Arsenal? Who cares. All that matters is how he performs every time he turns out for us. He scores goals... no problem.

But let's not be naive about the reasons behind it all. Those suggesting "he had nothing else to wear"... or "His head was fucked up and he wasn't thinking"... can't seriously believe any of those reasons. Can they?

What Ade was doing was making a statement. He was in front of the world's media and wanted everyone to know where his heart was. He knew exactly what he was doing. He wanted to be seen as he sees himself. And that's as a supporter of Arsenal and not City.

At times of emotional stress, people revert back to where they feel most comfortable and surround themselves with happy memories.

We only pay his wages. Tough, but true.

But he's made a rod for his own back, and the first time he bottles a challenge or strolls around disinterested, then don't be surprised if questions are asked as to his loyalties.

excellent post fella, sums it up perfectly for me.

AntonDonJuan said:
Matty said:
Anyone who gives a fuck what he was wearing whilst talking about nearly dying and the deaths of colleagues really needs to sort out their priorities. I couldn't give a fuck if he turned up wearing a Donald Duck outfit like Elton John in the 70's. If he's representing City then he'll be wearing official City attire, in this situation he's at home being interviewed about a traumatic event that is completely unrelated to City, he can wear whatever he wants to.
Even the shirt of a rival team?
Yep, don't care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.