Adebayor (Merged)

well his PR team have made a huge mistake, this one is gonna come back and haunt him.
Sure he`s had the worst week of his life but back here he disrespected the team that employs him.
Either ade`s brains imploded or it was his only clean shirt.
id like to hear his explanation before dismissing him as a future city great.

bowdonblue said:
Breaking News - footballers sign for clubs so they can earn big money and have chance of winning medals, not through affection or loyalty.

Loyalty doesn't come into it, unless and until that player has really connected with the club/manager/fans over a number of years. Or he happened to be a fan of the club in the first place.

He's a daft twat for wearing it, but reasonable to assume that his head is all over the place.

I won't be booing him, I just want him to play well and help us win games.

Sensible post.

And the message that Life happens to be bigger than a game of football seems to have been lost in this thread.

And we have even got onto the subject of marketing now.

Blue Mooner said:
Think we should wait and see what the player himself says before castigating the guy.

Arsenal are a massive club in Africa - perhaps he's trying to build some bridges - perhaps in the emotional state he is in he feels that he was the target for the attacks due to the storm created by his departure and subsequent celebration and that by wearing an Arsenal top he can some way placate the extreme views against him.

I hardly think we have endeared ourselves to the guy by singing about his wife and being responsible for fathering Wayne Rooneys new born child - pathetic and childish chants that will hardly endear him to the club.

The guy is pure quality and those slagging him are in danger of forcing away who I believe to be the best striker we have at the club.

Playing at his best the guy is awesome - suggest that the City fans take the time to watch his first 4 games at the club and not drive a 25 million pound investment out of the club.
Yeah, that's it. He was trying to mend some burnt bridges. FFS!!

the--dud said:
This thread is disgraceful and it puts us in a very bad light.
Uncompassionate, petty, heartless bickering fans! You should all get a grip of reality; show some intelligence and dignity...

1. He's been through a horrible experience, which none of us (perhaps apart from those served in wars) can ever imagine. He was on a bus full of friends and colleagues which got stopped and then peppered for god knows how long with automatic weapons. Trapped in a bus with total panic, screams and people bleeding from being shot with bullets. ANY man could potentially be in danger of never return to his old self. Post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, high levels of anxiety is just a few of the things you're in danger of suffering from.

You lot are moaning about him wearing a certain football top? I'm sorry to say but IT'S ONLY FOOTBALL! People died in a horrific terrorist attack, you should all get some fucking perspective!

2. Perhaps it was an Arsenal top which at one point during his VERY long time with Arsenal he sent back to a family member, or was bought by a family member locally? Perhaps he's been in a very bad state and was just handed some clothes, by someone, and due to what he's been through is totally unaware of what he's wearing??

It doesn't pissing matter anyway, I'm just raging that you, supposedly genuine MCFC supporters, of all people can treat one of our own players in such a disgraceful and childish manner... In fact, if anyone treated someone else in this manner it's a bloody disgrace.

This thread so be deleted and never spoke again, truley the worst crap I've ever seen on Bluemoon! :(

The thing is , it does matter. It matters to us..........
who would give our left arm to play for City, to come on as a substitute for ten fucking minutes,
who spend hours travelling to and from games to see our team play and then see idle bastards with bags of talent and bags of cash who can't be bothered to put a shift in,
who stand in the fucking rain singing our hearts out for the club we love,
who have to put up with knobheads who would rather sit on their arses and wait to be entertained,
who have to put up with utd and arsenal fans taking the piss because we have won fuck all for decades,
who are fucking British and who give a fuck and .....
who wouldn't want an idle bastard like Adebayor in the trench beside him because he doesn't know what fucking hard work, or loyalty is
SO YES 'IT DOES FUCKING MATTER'

scottyboi said:
Bang out of order,he does his mad celebration infront on their fans and has the cheek to wear that. WTF
Exactly. I imagine they're even more pissed off than we are!!!

BenettonGunner said:
hey there, 21 year old lifelong londoner/gunner. not looking for a fight just thought you might want to get an arsenal fans view on the ade thing.

to be honest if he was still at arsenal and he was wearing a monaco shirt (the club we bought him from) then i would be pretty pissed off. i think as an employee of manchester city he should be representing either you guys, or no club at all. as for reasons for him wearing it i have no idea, he has clearly burnt all his bridges with us. and there isn't an arsenal fan alive that would have him back, infact we were laughing all the way to the bank. anyway that's another discussion. i can understand why you are all so fucked off with him, but he is an absolute idiot.

Welcome, and as long as your not here to wind us up I'm sure others will welcome you too.
With regards to the above I agree, there is no way he can get away with it. Regardless of what has happened.

I have total sympathy with what Ade has been through this past week. In the great scheme of things him wearing an Arsenal top is of no significant relevance.

But in terms of where his head is, and where his heart is, it spoke volumes.

At the time when he's facing the world's media and he is representing his country, it is apparent that he wanted everyone to know where his pride lay... and that is still with Arsenal.

For all those watching him in every corner of the globe, Ade was making a statement that he was an Arsenal player. Maybe not now, but that he was. Him wearing the shirt was an emotional statement of how he wants to be seen. Not as a City player, unfortunately.

He probably thinks no one in Africa has ever heard of City. And that's sad that he is so dismissive of us.

Where to next? All the empathy he might have had has evaporated and the first "not interested" game he plays again in the future he better ready himslef for abuse from the terraces.

His bed. He made it. He lies in it.

Shame it had to get to this stage, but I don't think he wants to be here anymore.

Dubai Blue said:
scottyboi said:
Bang out of order,he does his mad celebration infront on their fans and has the cheek to wear that. WTF
Exactly. I imagine they're even more pissed off than we are!!!

I more bemused. He has gone though a tragic event though so give him the benefit of the doubt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.