Adebayor {merged}

redmizzle said:
Braggster said:
Actually I think this is incorrect in that (to my knowledge - though I admit I have not checked) Wenger did not make that claim in public. Though obviously he thought it.

I do happen to know it's true that he was serious trouble in the Arsenal dressing room though (yes, I am "ITK" on this - first and last time ever, I suspect).

Oh, Kolo hates him as well.

Thats a pack of lies mate. Is it because of the training fight? Infact their families are very close.

No, not because of the training fight -dates from their time at Arsenal. Actually "can't stand" was what I was told, verbatim, rather than "hate".

Braggster said:
redmizzle said:
Thats a pack of lies mate. Is it because of the training fight? Infact their families are very close.

No, not because of the training fight -dates from their time at Arsenal. Actually "can't stand" was what I was told, verbatim, rather than "hate".

Whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about.

moomba said:
As far as I know, Wenger has never said anything negative about Adebayor. But his willingness to let him leave speaks volumes.

He had the fight with Bendtner, I think that's on record. A few at City but I'm not too bothered with any of that.
the only one that bothered me was him laying into VK at wolves. It appeared totally unnecessary and pointless. Things like that distract people. Defenders and goalkeepers have the responsibility to organise, so they might very well bawl out their team-mates occasionally. They don't slate the forwards every time they miss. It's none of their business.

Braggster said:

Is that why their wives were together at the Africa cup and the two of them still go the same barber shop together to get their hair cut? Because they "can't stand" each other? Come on mate?

edit: I know Ade has dreads but he still gets a shape up and his beard done.

Chick Counterfly said:
moomba said:
As far as I know, Wenger has never said anything negative about Adebayor. But his willingness to let him leave speaks volumes.

He had the fight with Bendtner, I think that's on record. A few at City but I'm not too bothered with any of that.
the only one that bothered me was him laying into VK at wolves. It appeared totally unnecessary and pointless. Things like that distract people. Defenders and goalkeepers have the responsibility to organise, so they might very well bawl out their team-mates occasionally. They don't slate the forwards every time they miss. It's none of their business.

I don't think it's a big deal when one team mate lets another know what's on their mind in no uncertain terms when on the pitch, it happens and it shouldn't be a big deal because it's Emmanuel Adebayor involved. I've seen Hart ''lay into Kolo'' on the pitch, Tevez ''lay into'' Richards on the pitch, Yaya and Milner had their arguments etc, why does Ade's ''make him a disruptive influence''?

redmizzle said:
Chick Counterfly said:

I don't think it's a big deal when one team mate lets another know what's on their mind in no uncertain terms when on the pitch, it happens and it shouldn't be a big deal because it's Emmanuel Adebayor involved. I've seen Hart ''lay into Kolo'' on the pitch, Tevez ''lay into'' Richards on the pitch, Yaya and Milner had their arguments etc, why does Ade's ''make him a disruptive influence''?
hart and kolo obviously have to organise each other
ditto yay and milner, to a lesser degree
tevez is the captain, richards the youngest player (and one who often needs coaching during the match)

the only time vk and ade need to communicate is when organising for corners. and the defender is always in charge.

it's not a huge deal in itself, but i've never seen it happen in this way, and we clearly lost focus in that match.

Chick Counterfly said:
redmizzle said:
tevez is the captain, richards the youngest player (and one who often needs coaching during the match)

the only time vk and ade need to communicate is when organising for corners. and the defender is always in charge.

it's not a huge deal in itself, but i've never seen it happen in this way, and we clearly lost focus in that match.

You're right , it's not a huge deal. Unfortunately , Ade is an easy target for many and an incident like that gets exaggerated.

redmizzle said:
Chick Counterfly said:

You're right , it's not a huge deal. Unfortunately , Ade is an easy target for many and an incident like that gets exaggerated.
I haven't exaggerated it intentionally, i've simply explained why i find it unusual, and why on closer inspection, it's harder to rationalise than other, similar incidents.

I had a very open mind about Ade until his first,unequivocal public declaration that he wanted to leave. I'm sure it shaped my perceptions of what I've seen since, but in trying to understand someone from afar, it's only rational to give greater weight to what they themselves say publicly, explicitly. That came a week before the start of the season, and by the time of the Wolves game, at least two more such declarations had followed. 'The benefit of the doubt' only extends so far.

It's not that i dislike anything about him. I'm just not kidding myself about his suitability as a squad player at this club. I think his frustrations were reasonable but maybe there wasn't a solution.

Chick Counterfly said:
redmizzle said:
I haven't exaggerated it intentionally, i've simply explained why i find it unusual, and why on closer inspection, it's harder to rationalise than other, similar incidents.

I had a very open mind about Ade until his first,unequivocal public declaration that he wanted to leave. I'm sure it shaped my perceptions of what I've seen since, but in trying to understand someone from afar, it's only rational to give greater weight to what they themselves say publicly, explicitly. That came a week before the start of the season, and by the time of the Wolves game, at least two more such declarations had followed. 'The benefit of the doubt' only extends so far.

It's not that i dislike anything about him. I'm just not kidding myself about his suitability as a squad player at this club. I think his frustrations were reasonable but maybe there wasn't a solution.

Fair enough.

You however have to remember that Ade is not the only one who has spoken out about his discontent at not getting games and understandably so. Lescott, AJ, SWP, Richards have all done the same at different times even when some were getting games. I assume they've also run out of your benefit of the doubt and are considered disruptive?

I'm basically saying i don't see Ade as being half as bad as he's made out to be on and off the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.