Adebayor on strike.

redmizzle said:
Citizen of Ottawa said:
Am I the only one who finds the way he's being treated disgusting? If that was me I'd do something similar. It's just a massive slap in the face, and if my boss treated me like that I'd probably punch him. If something like this was said over an email I don't know what I'd do.

I understand that he's turned possible transfers down but still, pretty rude way to treat an employee that joined the club expecting to be at the very least a 1st team player for the duration of his stay.

You're not the only one mate, however, there's a lynch-mob type mentality on here when it comes to Adebayor. It's usually just mindless rants that don't even have to make any fucking sense or be true in some cases.

I agree on the mindless rants but equally I am not entirely in the 'oh my god we have treated Ade shabbily' camp either. Players who are surplus to requirements for whatever reason tend to get drummed out sharpish irrespective of club.

Lets take say John O'Shea for example. Years of loyal uncomplaining service and then finds out via the media he is off to Sunderland. Yep thanks John for everything and the door is over there. Is that anyway to treat an employee who has done nothing wrong after years at the club. No it isn't. Do we get to read about it in the media about the way he is treated? No we don't.

Its also because every club does the same so its the norm not the exception. Konchesky at Liverpool arrived as brand new signing on a 4 year deal full of bright eyed hope as his new career lay before him. 6 months later he was out on loan to Notts Forest after Dalglish took over. Yep King Kenny really gave the boy a chance eh?

City though is different. City is news. Everything we do or don't do is news. Its all drama, disharmony and doom. If we are not ruining football we are ruining footballers. Every signing that doesn't work out is discussed to death. Everything we do is magnified a hundredfold and discussed ad nauseum.

And on here too. The Ade and Bellamy saga is discussed to death and sides are taken which may be a sign that we are lovely people because I suspect you won't find many threads on manu or 'pool forums pointing out the shabby way their managers treated the players mentioned.

Maybe City fans are different. Who knew.

I get the impression ade is very high maintenance.as is bellers.

Bobby Manc is teaching the squad to be professional and fair play to him.

Ade has been everything from sublime to dog lazy and bellers can't shut his mouth.

nem said:
Surely this counts as a written warning so if he does it again then in line with employment procedures he can be dismissed on the grounds of gross misconduct and his contract cancelled (and salary stopped) with city retaining his playing registration for the remaining period of what was his contract.

how can you retain someones contract after you have sacked them?

thats called having your cake and eating it

Prestwich_Blue said:
There's a good reason for his treatment and it's to do with Financial Fair Play. If we can show he's not part of our plans and we're looking to sell him then we can disregard the amount we charge for amortisation in the accounts, which is £5m a year.
It's my understanding that is the case anyway as a player who signed before June 1st 2010.

Chick Counterfly said:
I don't get the 'I'd do the same' bit. I doubt you would. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't go around criticising your employer in public, even if you had a problem. Most people handle their business face to face.
Which is kind of ironic considering this is the very issue that Adebayor has with how City have behaved.

I have absolutely no problem with him being left at home to train with the reserves; he's clearly not part of our future plans and it is a lot easier for him to secure a transfer if he's not sitting on a bench on the other side of the world watching our first team playing a meaningless friendly.

BUT......there is absolutely no excuse for him being informed of this via an email from Mancini's secretary. Somebody from within the club should have sat down with him and explained the situation in person. It didn't necessarily need to be Mancini himself, but someone should have done it, be it Platt, Kidd, Marwood, or Cook. Anyone.

I couldn't really give a shit about Adebayor's feelings, but that is how a decent employer goes about things, and you can be sure that other players will be looking at this situation and thinking "Fucking hell, that's a bit harsh". And that is definitely not something you want current or future employees to be thinking; unless, of course, you're running the mafia.

Dubai Blue said:
Chick Counterfly said:
I don't get the 'I'd do the same' bit. I doubt you would. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't go around criticising your employer in public, even if you had a problem. Most people handle their business face to face.
Which is kind of ironic considering this is the very issue that Adebayor has with how City have behaved.

I have absolutely no problem with him being left at home to train with the reserves; he's clearly not part of our future plans and it is a lot easier for him to secure a transfer if he's not sitting on a bench on the other side of the world watching our first team playing a meaningless friendly.

BUT......there is absolutely no excuse for him being informed of this via an email from Mancini's secretary. Somebody from within the club should have sat down with him and explained the situation in person. It didn't necessarily need to be Mancini himself, but someone should have done it, be it Platt, Kidd, Marwood, or Cook. Anyone.

I couldn't really give a shit about Adebayor's feelings, but that is how a decent employer goes about things, and you can be sure that other players will be looking at this situation and thinking "Fucking hell, that's a bit harsh". And that is definitely not something you want current or future employees to be thinking; unless, of course, you're running the mafia.
But he's not a decent employee,after the support city gave him & he throws it back in our face..

Chick Counterfly said:
Citizen of Ottawa said:
Am I the only one who finds the way he's being treated disgusting? If that was me I'd do something similar. It's just a massive slap in the face, and if my boss treated me like that I'd probably punch him. If something like this was said over an email I don't know what I'd do.

I understand that he's turned possible transfers down but still, pretty rude way to treat an employee that joined the club expecting to be at the very least a 1st team player for the duration of his stay.

Nah. I'm pretty sure that it's not that he's turned down transfers. One or two other players who we expect to be on the move have gone on tour, at least one of them has turned down a move. They are the guys who haven't been taking potshots at the club and management, the guys who know how to behave professionally at all times, who know that serving your own interests doesn't always mean setting yourself publicly against your employer, even if the relationship is coming to an end. Normal fucking people, in other words.

I don't get the 'I'd do the same' bit. I doubt you would. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't go around criticising your employer in public, even if you had a problem. Most people handle their business face to face. It's between you and your boss. That's how I'd expect people to treat me. If I was busying myself finding the largest number of 'outsiders' all my problems, finding the biggest forum possible to have a go at someone I was under contract too, then I think I'd know, that would probably the end of trust and civility, and I'd expect the cold shoulder when I walked back into the office.

"I say thank you to PSG for thinking of me but for all the respect I owe them, I will not go there,"

"It is clear that I will not at Zenit or Blackburn."

I think psg and the russians had put the feelers out so id say that is just about 100% turning down possible transfers.

I agree you don't act as he has in a normal job, if he did that with me, id have his p45 done and sent to him before morning coffee break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.