Adebayor on strike.

I think I read somewhere that he arrived back at City, after not speaking to anyone from the place for months to realise the 'non rebels' were away in the USA.

Couple of things here ...

Why did he not keep upto date with whats happening at City and more importantly to me if he was liked \ wanted then surely a player would have told him what was happening ?

Scored that great goal v Arsenal with a monumental celebration, my son has the celebration framed on my wall, along with his signature on it but thats as good as it got.

Ade if you cared then you'd know what was going on, and if anyone else cared about you then they would have told you.

Going on strike when on that much money .... Amazing.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Matty said:
Serious question. The limit to a fine is set at 2 weeks wages. However, how many times can he be fined? He failed to turn up to training so that's a fine. What if he fails to turn up again tomorrow, is that covered by the initial fine or is that a separate incident and therefore another fine can be issued?

Can we not simply fine him every 2 weeks for failing to turn up and train, thus basically not paying him. Lets see how long his footballer lifestyle can last on zero pay. Or is that not possible? Is "failing to turn up to training" 1 incident regardless of how many actual training sessions he misses and so therefore we can only fine him a maximum of 2 weeks wages?

You could do it on Championship Manager 00/01, but quite often the players teammates would get pissed off at the poor treatment of him, but there wouldn't be much problem in Jo, bellamy and bridge kicking up a fuss. We could fine them for doing so as well...

In real life you'd hope his peers, Vieira if he stays, the Toure's, Clichy etc would have a word and basically tell him "stop being a dick and turn up to training" rather than backing him against the club.

Matty said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Matty said:
Serious question. The limit to a fine is set at 2 weeks wages. However, how many times can he be fined? He failed to turn up to training so that's a fine. What if he fails to turn up again tomorrow, is that covered by the initial fine or is that a separate incident and therefore another fine can be issued?

Can we not simply fine him every 2 weeks for failing to turn up and train, thus basically not paying him. Lets see how long his footballer lifestyle can last on zero pay. Or is that not possible? Is "failing to turn up to training" 1 incident regardless of how many actual training sessions he misses and so therefore we can only fine him a maximum of 2 weeks wages?

You could do it on Championship Manager 00/01, but quite often the players teammates would get pissed off at the poor treatment of him, but there wouldn't be much problem in Jo, bellamy and bridge kicking up a fuss. We could fine them for doing so as well...

In real life you'd hope his peers, Vieira if he stays, the Toure's, Clichy etc would have a word and basically tell him "stop being a dick and turn up to training" rather than backing him against the club.

Thats assuming that those players actually think Ade's behaving like a dick.

Anyway, in his shoes I'd do exactly the same thing. I'd tell City to go fuck themselves if they tried to make me train with the reserves. I'd take the fine(s). Eventually, he'll get a move, and when he does no doubt he'll take plenty of nasty parting shots at City. He's a very wealthy young man. A six month fine would do fuck all.

Ade and Bellamy have made wonderful comedy villains.

Surely this counts as a written warning so if he does it again then in line with employment procedures he can be dismissed on the grounds of gross misconduct and his contract cancelled (and salary stopped) with city retaining his playing registration for the remaining period of what was his contract.

City probably prefer him on strike, can fine him constantly and won't have to pay him wages.

taconinja said:
redmizzle said:
Good for him.
This doesn't really help him.

He's feels he's been treated poorly, he's acted accordingly, good for him. I didn't say it helps him, if this story is to be believed in it's entirety in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.