Adebayor on strike.

Think he's doing all this to bring the price down so he can have his 'dream' move Real Madrid.
I reckon they've put him up to it to be honest.
He'll be bored there soon when he's watching their games from the bench and suddenly he'll be on the move again!!!

Mourinho has admitted that Adebayor is closest to Real madrid. I think Madrid will come back for him.

Citizen of Ottawa said:
Am I the only one who finds the way he's being treated disgusting? If that was me I'd do something similar. It's just a massive slap in the face, and if my boss treated me like that I'd probably punch him. If something like this was said over an email I don't know what I'd do.

I understand that he's turned possible transfers down but still, pretty rude way to treat an employee that joined the club expecting to be at the very least a 1st team player for the duration of his stay.

I don't think its him turning down transfers that has made the club treat him the way they have. People seem to have forgotten the swipes he took at Mancini while he was at Madrid, putting down his training methods and man management. Mancini had no confidence in me at all. For him, whatever I did was wrong.

Then when he came back he didn't go into how he was going to fight for his spot. He said: The only thing I have in my mind is playing for Real Madrid. Is it ok for him to tell the club indirectly through the media that he has no plans to be with them, but not ok for the club to indirectly through email tell him they are going ahead next season without him?

The cookie monster said:
But he's not a decent employee,after the support city gave him & he throws it back in our face..
Oh right, well in that case City should just go against all conventional logic and stoop down to his level then.

Dubai Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
But he's not a decent employee,after the support city gave him & he throws it back in our face..
Oh right, well in that case City should just go against all conventional logic and stoop down to his level then.
Stoop down to his level just because of an email(which is not proven) are you actually joking?

The cookie monster said:
Dubai Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
Stoop down to his level just because of an email(which is not proven) are you actually joking?
No, I'm not. If the email thing is proven to be true, it's a pathetic way for an employer to act, regardless of how the employee has been behaving. City should be above that kind of thing.

Dubai Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
Dubai Blue said:
No, I'm not. If the email thing is proven to be true, it's a pathetic way for an employer to act, regardless of how the employee has been behaving. City should be above that kind of thing.
We are dealing with an awkward character in adebayor & can imagine him ignoring citys calls on instructions upon returning for pre season,so if the email was the way to go so be it,i know where your coming from, but sometimes doing everything by the book with idiots like him is just not the way!

Dubai Blue said:
Which is kind of ironic considering this is the very issue that Adebayor has with how City have behaved.

I have absolutely no problem with him being left at home to train with the reserves; he's clearly not part of our future plans and it is a lot easier for him to secure a transfer if he's not sitting on a bench on the other side of the world watching our first team playing a meaningless friendly.

BUT......there is absolutely no excuse for him being informed of this via an email from Mancini's secretary. Somebody from within the club should have sat down with him and explained the situation in person. It didn't necessarily need to be Mancini himself, but someone should have done it, be it Platt, Kidd, Marwood, or Cook. Anyone.

I couldn't really give a shit about Adebayor's feelings, but that is how a decent employer goes about things, and you can be sure that other players will be looking at this situation and thinking "Fucking hell, that's a bit harsh". And that is definitely not something you want current or future employees to be thinking; unless, of course, you're running the mafia.

Summed it up much better than i could...good post.

Skashion said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
There's a good reason for his treatment and it's to do with Financial Fair Play. If we can show he's not part of our plans and we're looking to sell him then we can disregard the amount we charge for amortisation in the accounts, which is £5m a year.
It's my understanding that is the case anyway as a player who signed before June 1st 2010.
That's slightly different. We can exclude the wages of players who signed before then but only for one financial year (this one) whether they're staying or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.