Adebayor story in the mail, makes me angry!

SWP's back said:
whyalwaysLee said:
SWP's back said:
He was brought on for the last 2 minutes of a game (Mancini often sends on a tall striker for a short one to defend in the last few minutes).

After the game and in front of the entire dressing room he launched into a foul mouthed tirade telling Mancini that he can't be treated like that and that he could go and fuck himself if he ever tried to send him on for a few minutes every again and that he was better than the strikers that were picked ahead of him. Mancini responded in kind. Now whilst that sort of thing is not totally uncommon, Ade never went to see the manager at a later time to apologise but instead sulked and let the animosity grow and they blanked each other after that.

As no apology was ever forthcoming Mancini felt he had no choice but to excommunicate him from the squad so that he was his authority was not undermined. Mancini is a great manager and successful but he is a hard nosed **** when he wants to be (and I think every successful manager in the modern era is the same).

Allied to that is the fact that Adebayor was one of the numerous sources (to the press) of dressing room discontent with the manager that was plastered over the back pages every week (remember "Dead Manc Walking" etc).

As you have mentioned above, this sort of thing happens in every dressing room up and down the country. Players/manager blow a fuse in the heat of the moment and then it's all forgotten about. I think Tevez has done far worse in terms of disrupting the dressing room and trying to undermine the manager, but he is still in the first team. I think that the fact that Bobby has only seen Adebayor play a handful of full games. And with the knowledge that he is on 170k per week, it would have been advantagous for all parties to kiss and make up, instead of trying to brush it to one side with no resolution in nearly 3 years.
Since when is 20 months 3 years out of interest? It's not even 2 years.

And things like that do happen often but the player always has to be the one that apologises to the manager. There's no two ways about it. Mancini had the full support of the dressing room over it. There can only be one winner in these things and it's the manager. And Tevez was forced to apologise to all his team mates and manager and lost £9m so it's fair to say that those things, along with his better quakity, made the difference.

You are correct, it is 4 months shy of 2 years.

I don't think there have been any winners in this situation, the sums of money paid out to Ade for not playing is ridiculous, and the fact that these surplus players are having an impact on our transfer activity is a hinderence. It would have been much easier to make up and get the best out of his footballing ability, rather than shunning him.

whyalwaysLee said:
It would have been much easier to make up and get the best out of his footballing ability, rather than shunning him.
I agree but you can bet your bottom dollar that Slurgie or Jose would not have been beating on Ade's door looking for a cuddle. It had to come from Ade's side for no other reason that Mancini's authority not being questionned.

I just wish Real Madrid had come in for him after that loan period, which by all accounts was a successful one. He probably would have even cut his wages in half just to move there. Because this is Spurs... :(

1. He has done nothing wrong.

I know this argument is valid. Technically he has done nothing wrong. What I don't get is how you can be at the pinnacle of sport, and just not give a sh** whether you play or not. Whether you have the desire to become one of the greats. Adebayor had the quality, that if he had applied himself and worked hard day in and day out, could have become one of the greatest footballers. He had size, speed, a beautiful touch. But he believed the hype too young in his career and thought "I did it, I reached the top". The greatest footballers are the ones who believe they always have something to prove.

bluestreak said:
allan harper said:
ell said:
170K A week for 2 years to go to a charity of his choice and we let him leave for free.

He still wouldnt do it

Neither would you !

I don't suppose Ell is a multi-millionaire though.

Yea, not a millionaire and not currently in a place of work with no future where sticking around may harm his career with another very lucrative and attractive career opportunity being offered elsewhere

uwerosler28 said:
if he doesnt want to leave he doesnt have to we gave him that contract he has done absolutley nothing wrong

Yes, you're right. Ultimately he does not have to go anywhere, and yes it was City who gave him the contract to get him here.

BUT it just speaks volumes about the man's integrity and character. Everybody knows including himself that he is finished at City. If he wanted to stay in this country and play for another team where else could he have got a better offer both financially with City offering to help and footballing wise, getting more regular first team football,for a team who won't be title contenders but nonetheless still a decent side who could challenge for a top 4 spot. The Rags, Chelsea and certainly Arsenal aren't gonna touch him, so I think Spuds would have been ideal, with everybody being happy.

I may be wrong but it seems he's hoping for some mega rich long term contract offer from abroad, but lets face it Adebayor has been available for a long time now and there hasn't been a massive outpouring of offers has there?

City have made a rod for their own backs by giving him the contract but we all know where we are now, was never going to happen overnight and given that we couldn't offer immediate Champions League football at that time,we had to throw silly money to get the players to come here.

End of the day, when we signed Adebayor all the cynics labelled him a mercenary,and this just proves it. I mean the likes of you and me, and the man in the street would give anything to be in the privileged position of today's professional footballer. I love playing Sunday League football and the fact Adebayor would rather not play, than get regular gametime for a decent side playing a game we all love and still get a fortune doing it, just to hold out for a few more quid, beggars belief. The man is a total fucking greedy bastard.

I fucking hate tihs greedy **** of an excuse of a footballer.

only way for me to not going mental is to convince myself that the 9M saved thanks for Tevez antics last year even up the loss on this scumbag so its not a huge loss for as in the end.

This is why it's a waste of time beginning any sentence with the words "I'd sell..." as though it's the easiest thing in the world.
Adebayor, Bridge and Santa Cruz prove that it isn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.