Adebayor substituted 15 mins into 2nd half of 3-0 defeat

Immaculate Pasta said:
felixbg said:
the england team is dominated (and always has been in my lifetime) by uni*ed, liverpool & chelsea players ... how any city fan can cheer them on is beyond my one-dimensioned understanding

Because like i was born in Manchester and support the local Manchester team, i was born in England and support the national side.

Simples!

fair enough ... maybe im just ludicrously bitter and blinded by a hatred of all things uni*ed & liverpool

felixbg said:
Tbilisi said:
Says on the CAF site that he asked to be taken off after the third went in so not clear.

I wish they would just ban international football,its a waste of time!

agree ... cant stand it

And it seems to be getting worse. This season has been interrupted three times already and we're only in October. It's ridiculous. And why do we need to trash two entire weeks of the domestic season to accommodate England games. That never used to be the case. Internationals used to be played mid week and didn't disrupt club football on anything like this scale. And international friendlies in places as far flung as Australia and Japan can't be helping. WTF are Holland doing playing a friendly in Australia, FFS? Just an absolute nonsense.

felixbg said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Because like i was born in Manchester and support the local Manchester team, i was born in England and support the national side.

Simples!

fair enough ... maybe im just ludicrously bitter and blinded by a hatred of all things uni*ed & liverpool

Allthough i agree about too many internationals, friendlies mid season should be abolished.

I can understand views from both sides whether to support England or not. I really liked imaculate pasta's post though and agree. I just wonder though, is there any other countries where nationals are so anti patriotic? Just wondering?

With regard to supporting or not supporting the England team, I'm afraid I can't stand them.
I was born here and have watched City all my life and can just remember the days when Colin Bell and Franny Lee played for England. That was all right but I was only 8 in 1970 and didn't know any better. Since those days though, it seemed that as long as you played for United, you were automatically selected. When United bought Smith, the Yorkshire badge-kisser, from Leeds, he was called up for England before he had kicked a ball in earnest.
I suppose that watching the side crammed full of players with no connection to City has detached us a bit.
I will admit to being a bit gutted when Bobby Robson's side missed out against Germany and I would probably love it if 'we' won the World Cup, but I also loved it yesterday when Ferdinand f**cked up and Green-sleeves got his marching orders. Why Green was playing ahead of David James is a mystery to me. I know they had already qualified but leave James in goal - he is the best English keeper.
"There'll always be an England".

I have just had a thought:
If they brought back the Home Internationals we would all support England. It's all the galavanting around the world for meaningless games that ruin it. All the international breaks during the season don't help the momentum.

lionheart said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Does this mean Togo haven't qualified for The African Cup of Nations?
Surely World Cup qualifiers have nothing to do with the African Cup of Nations!
They act as qualifiers. Think last place club loses out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.