Adebayor to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
so he said he would join spurs, did WE say he could join spurs no we didnt, we wouldnt let them loan bellamy why would we give them adebayor?

Im not saying adebayor wouldnt join spurs on his part but what about us, you know his employers the guys that pay his wages, wheres the upside for us?

He shouldn`t move to Spurs unless we are taking one of their most valuable assets ( Modric - VDV - Bale )

mancboy123 said:
so he said he would join spurs, did WE say he could join spurs no we didnt, we wouldnt let them loan bellamy why would we give them adebayor?

Im not saying adebayor wouldnt join spurs on his part but what about us, you know his employers the guys that pay his wages, wheres the upside for us?

Well if his loaned or sold anywhere up to his £10m in wages a year I guess

Yes IF he was sold, spurs want him loan with us paying a portion of his wages, the goals that he could feasibly score could help improve their league position which would help their funds, what do we get out of it, very little upside for us huge upside for them, if they BOUGHT him we would get money and his wages of the bill, if we loan him and he doesnt work out there its still our problem and we have paid to help out spurs there just isnt a huge upside for us.

LoveCity said:
GStar said:
Lovely... where's the arrogance there then?

He's arrogant because he thinks he is too big for any club besides Real Madrid, who aren't even guaranteed to bid for him yet.

Rejecting perfectly good offers (PSG is an excellent project) will allow Real to rape our club on deadline day with a derisory 5m offer for Adebayor IF they decide he is their option for 4th striker, when PSG would have paid us 12-15m. Instead PSG look to be going for Berbatov now so THEY will be getting the money instead.

That's not arrogant.

He's got every right to turn down whoever he wants.

Yes he has as do we the people that pay his wages, if we were offered a decent package for him and HE turns it down, he should have no problems when RM or Spuds offer peanuts for him and WE turn it down.

mancboy123 said:
Yes he has as do we the people that pay his wages, if we were offered a decent package for him and HE turns it down, he should have no problems when RM or Spuds offer peanuts for him and WE turn it down.

"We the people pay his wages"

Wow that has happened for a number of years now, I doubt our gate money pays anything like 25% of our wage bill probably even less.

In an ideal world he would be sold and got totally off our books, but tbh not many teams in the world could afford his wages. So we either have to sell him for peanuts to offset his wages or loan him and still pick up part of his costs.

On the up side of loaning him to spuds he couldn't play against us whereas he could against the others up the top.

Seems spuds want 2 new strikers and have irons in other fires so if we want rid we may need to act quickly.

I didnt we mean us as us the fans i meant us as in the club who pays his wages. Spuds always have other irons in the fire, im sure they do but id like to see how many other clubs are going to pay part of their strikers wages to have the priviledge of playing for spurs.

It wouldnt be like the other irons in the fire that they had in january when chucking all those offers out there that they couldnt complete when they got accepted or is those other irons in the fire that they could have had for the rest of the transfer window that are currently heating up just as they want to get this deal done.

Seriously does mr triffic think we are second hand car dealers here.

In Terms of us loaning him and him not being able to play against us I dont think 6 points we could potentially pick up will make a tremendous amount of difference with him in the side they still wouldnt pick up points against united, chelsea etc because their defence isnt good enough, its their inability to finish against teams like west ham, blackpool, wigan etc which caused their downfall and i for one dont want to assist them with that.

Money in this deal is not enough of an upside.

TexasBlueMoon said:
jerichoy2j said:
hes having a medical at spurs now just been told by a mate who works there

Yes, of course.

I know Virgin trains are fast, but he won't have got there that fast, as he was at Piccadilly at just before 6, so won't get to London til 8.

Had a small holdall and a boot bag. so suggests he is doing some exercise down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.