Adebayor to Spurs

waspish said:
RichieTHFC said:
boothy202 said:
i personally believe that with ade going too the spuds maybe if its permanent deal and they aggree a fee then behind the scenes it could be a little swap plus cash and get lennon as manchini has admitted he wants a right winger,

lennon for me fits that bill

Theres no way we'll be selling Lennon to you, and if we do it will be in the £25m+ range because its City and we know you can afford it.

Adebayor signed a 5 year deal with City, if he is at Spurs for a year on loan he'll only have 2 years left afterwards and surely that means you'll get a lower price for him when you sell?

Lennon is a "good" player and your probably right in value but don't think Mancini is interested in him, Mancini like players who can control a ball all Lennon is, is a pace demon who occasionally puts a decent ball in the box and chips in with 5 or 6 goals a season

I just don't see Lennon as a Mancini type of player. In fact the only two players I think Mancini would be interested in are Bale and Modric....

hgblue said:
waspish said:
RichieTHFC said:
Theres no way we'll be selling Lennon to you, and if we do it will be in the £25m+ range because its City and we know you can afford it.

Adebayor signed a 5 year deal with City, if he is at Spurs for a year on loan he'll only have 2 years left afterwards and surely that means you'll get a lower price for him when you sell?

Lennon is a "good" player and your probably right in value but don't think Mancini is interested in him, Mancini like players who can control a ball all Lennon is, is a pace demon who occasionally puts a decent ball in the box and chips in with 5 or 6 goals a season

I just don't see Lennon as a Mancini type of player. In fact the only two players I think Mancini would be interested in are Bale and Modric....

swap? ;p

This loan rumour is just bullshit. It's all gone quiet and this talk of him being there and in the team for the weekend is just stupid he hasn't even trained since the end of last season !

I could see a straight swap for Lennon as we need a bench warmer for cover with swp likely to go.

Thing is modric will probably end up at Chelsea they are offering benayoun and kalou apparently + a load of cash. That's a replacement for modric plus a wide player. If they got say 20 million as well that would more than cover a payoff to ade to cover a drop in wages.

So I don't see the lennon ade swap being impossible at all. They need a top forward a lot more than they need an solid right winger.

Still much more likely he will end up a real again IMO I'm sure this is just a smoke screen.

waspish said:
RichieTHFC said:
boothy202 said:
i personally believe that with ade going too the spuds maybe if its permanent deal and they aggree a fee then behind the scenes it could be a little swap plus cash and get lennon as manchini has admitted he wants a right winger,

lennon for me fits that bill

Lennon wouldn't do well ahead of Richards. With a conservative full back behind him like Corluka or Stalteri feeding him balls to run on to and playing little one-twos he can be truly destructive, with an overlapping full back like we have had in Hutton and Chimbonda, he is far less effective because he gets to the by line much less. Its another reason he isn't that great for England, playing ahead of Glen Johnson

lee-mcfc said:
pmsl did a spurs fan really just say lennon is worth 25m?

I think he said because who we are £££ they'd expect that amount of money of us if we were after him

I know we're not in for him but if it was a case of £25 million for Lennon or the reported £20 million wanted for Mata then there is no contest for who we should get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.