Adebayor to Spurs

alera said:
Well the MEN has now spoken on this issue. They are usually the most accurate press source and clearly have several "Ins" at the club :

But One striker who won’t be taking part in all the fun is Emmanuel Adebayor, who has been lined up by Tottenham.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp admitted his club are in talks with City, but there are several hurdles to overcome if he is to move to north London.

His £160,000-a-week wages are one, as Spurs will not come close to matching that, while City are loath to let a £25m buy go for a song and are unlikely to sanction a loan deal. Redknapp said: “The chairman is talking to City but where the negotiations are at, I genuinely don’t know.”

Adebayor had been holding out for a move to Real Madrid, where he spent the second half of last season on loan – and ironically had his highlight by scoring twice against Tottenham in the Champions League.

But Madrid manager Jose Mourinho seemingly went cold on the idea, leaving Adebayor to turn his intentions back to the Premier League.

Spurs have this week off-loaded Robbie Keane to Los Angeles Galaxy, leaving a space for a striker.

So there we have it. I am back to calling bullshit smokescreen to draw interest from other clubs out. Unless spurs are going to pony up some sort of reasonable fee or swap for a player we want....

I don't believe the MEN have any 'ins' any more. When Chris Bailey was there they used to be one step ahead of the nationals, but since he left to work for mcfc.co.uk the MEN is always behind the nationals. They seem to depend on the wires as much as any other organisation and report rumour and speculation these days e.g. Sneijder was a dead cert for united.

Big Dave Watson said:
SWP's back said:
avoidconfusion said:
No I am not "shitting" myself and I think looking at your other posts, it would be beneficial for everyone if you simmer down a bit, mate. No need to tell Alera, someone who has been on this forum much longer than you, to "fuck off" either.

All I am saying is that it will definitely strengthen Spurs and it is completely unnecessary. His wages do not count towards FFPR so what good is it for us to save 5m in wages or whatever it is, if it strengthens one of the competitors for the Top 4 position?
They are not competitors to us for a top 4 position though and if he takes points off OUR competitors for top 2 then it's a bonus.

Of course they are. They are a good side. Last season they fell away because of a few home draws towards the end of the season coupled with that 'goal' Chelsea scored and the fact we improved after being knocked out of Europe. Yes we should be better given our srengthening but dont assume that they wont have a better season this time around without the distraction of CL.
Your opinion mate and one I don't share.

MEN still have a decent relationship with the club IMO and you tend to get a more realistic view and information as regards transfers. All be it they dont get the info as quickly as they once did.

I would take what is written in there over the tabloids anyday that just print any old bullshit.

Same goes for GMR with Cheeseman he is definately well liked around the club.

alera said:
MEN still have a decent relationship with the club IMO and you tend to get a more realistic view and information as regards transfers. All be it they dont get the info as quickly as they once did.

I would take what is written in there over the tabloids anyday that just print any old bullshit.

lol.

Everything is a risk in the transfer market whether players being signed or sold or loaned. No such thing as guaranteed 100%.

Advantages

1) Get a player away from our club who has no future
2) He can't play in the games which involve us
3) He might harm our rivals chances starting on Monday if he scores the winning goal against the rags
4) We take him either in full or in part off the wage bill thereby offsetting some of the wages we have to pay for the players we have signed.

Disadvantages

1)He plays so well for spurs that he gets them into a CL spot next season and scores a bucket load of goals.

On balance even if the disadvantages comes true it may be his value increases enabling a transfer at the end of his loan spell to be permanant and we get more money for him

Overall I believe it is a win win situation for City, the only risk we take is that Spurs replace City in CL spaces, for me looking at the other teams Arsenal are more at risk of not making CL spot than City.

Just my opinion.

As I understand it, if we loan Manneh to Spurs the portion of wages we'd pay (let's say £100k a week) will count in FFP calculations, whereas currently none of his wages count in FFP. Perhaps someone could confirm that. If it's correct, there's no way I can see us letting him go on loan.

alera said:

As I've said before Martin Samuel and Ian Ladyman are the only journalist that are on the inside anymore.

One of the few things me, billy and Dave agree on.

hgblue said:
Damocles said:
hgblue said:
Ideally we'd like to sell the likes of Tevez and Adebayor. Unfortunately it seems there aren't any buyers out there. Therefore, a loan is the next best option because it:
1. Removes the wages (or a portion thereof) off the wage bill.
2. Removes an unhappy player from the squad.
3. Puts the player in the shop window for another potential buyer when the loan period ends.

Adebayor's wages do not currently count in FFP calculations. If we loaned him out and paid half, they WOULD be countable in FFP calculations.

Us loaning him to Spurs, in reality, would mean that we would loan a top striker to a rival and we would pay for the privilege.

This is why this is a load of shit.

Not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that reports that we will be paying half of Adebayor's wages are a load of shit? Or are you saying that paying half of Adebayor's wages is a load of shit?

That reports that we are covering even £1 of his wages on loan are shit.

And Carlos Tevez is the highest paid player at the club, on £150k a week, so where this £170k comes from, I don't know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.