Adebayour to spurs 8 mil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adebayor

DaveTheYid said:
Ade's a terrible striker, So lazy and his finishing is shocking along with his first touch!

If I was City, I would just release him and get RID !

If you were City, you'd be Champions of England and have 4 quality strikers...................l

Guess what ? You're not and all you have is..........................

Jermaine Defoe..................Never mind eh !!!

DaveTheYid said:
Ade's a terrible striker, So lazy and his finishing is shocking along with his first touch!

Ban this fucker, he´s a WUM. Constantly taken the piss!!

nehe11 said:
DaveTheYid said:

Ban this fucker, he´s a WUM. Constantly taken the piss!!
I hope he never leaves he's fantastic. Great banter

Hey guys, I was the author of the bitter and blue post that was briefly discussed.

Re Adebayor. He did some good things with Spurs last year, but he was their focal point of attack and their undisputed #1 striker-two things he will never be at City.

He played 2839 mins in the EPL, 3rd highest for a top striker, behind only Dempsey and RVP.

As for his missing chances, we can work this out.

We divide his shots on target by total shots, that gives us a number of how many chances he got on target (ie not ballooning them into row Z!) His number is 48%, I call this shooting efficiency.

That 48% number is the best in the entire league for a full term striker (Cisse slightly shades him, but he played 15 games all year).

How about goals scored from the number of shots taken. I use shots taken as data companies like OPTA and PROZONE use shots taken as a proxy for chances. Chance=shots

Adebayor scored 17% of his chances. 17 goals on 100 shots.

Aguero 17.6, Balo 15.8, Dzeko 15.2

Adebayors 17% chance conversion rate was 9th in the EPL. Yakubu was 1st, Grant Holt 2nd, Aguero 3rd, RVP 4th.

If Adebayor had a professional, team first attitude he would be ahead of Dzeko and probably Balotelli. He would have a league winners medal, but he doesn't and that is the price he pays for a less than stellar attitude

shuddertothink said:
Hey guys, I was the author of the bitter and blue post that was briefly discussed.

Re Adebayor. He did some good things with Spurs last year, but he was their focal point of attack and their undisputed #1 striker-two things he will never be at City.

He played 2839 mins in the EPL, 3rd highest for a top striker, behind only Dempsey and RVP.

We divide his shots on target by total shots, that gives us a number of how many chances he got on target (ie not ballooning them into row Z!) His number is 48%, I call this shooting efficiency.

That 48% number is the best in the entire league for a full term striker (Cisse slightly shades him, but he played 15 games all year).

How about goals scored from the number of shots taken. I use shots taken as data companies like OPTA and PROZONE use shots taken as a proxy for chances. Chance=shots

Adebayors 17% chance conversion rate was 9th in the EPL. Yakubu was 1st, Grant Holt 2nd, Aguero 3rd, RVP 4th.

If Adebayor had a professional, team first attitude he would be ahead of Dzeko and probably Balotelli. He would have a league winners medal, but he doesn't and that is the price he pays for a less than stellar attitude

Good read. Adebayor is a good player and on his day is 1 of the best. But as u state his attitude lets him down big time. Somebody will get a very good striker for next to nothing money wise it's just his wages and again his attitude that put teams off. Personaly i'd like to see him shipped out on loan so he can't play against us or sell him abroad. He's defo the type of player that will hurt us (as Arsenal know) if he played against us.

shuddertothink said:

Well, you do have several of those kind of players in your ranks. Tevez and Nasri to begin with. Ballotelli, Adam Johnson? That's the problem you get when you just buy for the sake of buying. With Adebayor you agree that character matters, but with Nasri you don't. Double standards.

intheredcorner said:
Well, you do have several of those kind of players in your ranks. Tevez and Nasri to begin with. Ballotelli, Adam Johnson? That's the problem you get when you just buy for the sake of buying. With Adebayor you agree that character matters, but with Nasri you don't. Double standards.

:)

Its better than having a team of cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.