Adria Bernabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stopped getting myself overexcited about these Barca youths coming over. They can seem to wait to run back once they are good enough to make Barca's 1st team.
Agree with what your saying but it is for the benefit of the players they will be playing alongside raising the standard of all, I think?

I've stopped getting myself overexcited about these Barca youths coming over. They can seem to wait to run back once they are good enough to make Barca's 1st team.

It’s like you only have them on loan. As soon as Barca click their fingers they go running back.

Quite amusing the bitterness on that forum considering they nicked him from Espanyol in the first place.

Agree with what your saying but it is for the benefit of the players they will be playing alongside raising the standard of all, I think?
Well, that's a legitimate view I didn't consider. Thanks man :) Now i feel a bit better about stealing him

Is he any good? You see loads of “wonder kids” these days. How highly is this kid rated?

He's fantastic and his loss will be difficult but they were never going to provide the wages English clubs can. He's a protagonist with the full skill set and, importantly, a leader. Remember the name

He's fantastic and his loss will be difficult but they were never going to provide the wages English clubs can. He's a protagonist with the full skill set and, importantly, a leader. Remember the name

Thanks for the info but I think the 'wages' bit can only be part of the picture.

Other factors must also be involved.

Thanks for the info but I think the 'wages' bit can only be part of the picture.

Other factors must also be involved.

They cited sporting & financial reasons but while there are serious issues with La Masia under Segura, Bakero & Amor wages played a big role. There is the professional contract issue in Spain which is where the term poaching originates - English clubs can provide professional contracts at significantly higher wages & Barcelona can do nothing about it apart from ensuring a sporting project that will lead to first team football. Unfortunately, youth football under Rosell & Bartomeu has nosedived and the gap between Juvenil A and the senior team has never been wider

Of course, you can't blame the kid either, he left Asspanyol to come to Barcelona in the first place and saw poor board decisions derail many career paths for cantera players - Puyol is his agent so it's improbable he would encourage a Catalan kid to leave unless on balance it was the best choice

They cited sporting & financial reasons but while there are serious issues with La Masia under Segura, Bakero & Amor wages played a big role. There is the professional contract issue in Spain which is where the term poaching originates - English clubs can provide professional contracts at significantly higher wages & Barcelona can do nothing about it apart from ensuring a sporting project that will lead to first team football. Unfortunately, youth football under Rosell & Bartomeu has nosedived and the gap between Juvenil A and the senior team has never been wider

Of course, you can't blame the kid either, he left Asspanyol to come to Barcelona in the first place and saw poor board decisions derail many career paths for cantera players - Puyol is his agent so it's improbable he would encourage a Catalan kid to leave unless on balance it was the best choice

I think that if a player is moving from Barca to City, it's because he thinks there is something he will add to his game by doing so. A wage increase is a nice added incentive, but like Sancho going from City to Dortmund, the money is just a bonus.

The problem we have, is that these players don't just use us as a training excercise & then move on again & the only way to stop that, is to get some through to play more often in the first team, & quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.