Adria Bernabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stopped getting myself overexcited about these Barca youths coming over. They can seem to wait to run back once they are good enough to make Barca's 1st team.

It’s like you only have them on loan. As soon as Barca click their fingers they go running back.

Denis Suárez is the obvious name that comes to mind but he was only here for 2 seasons and by all accounts was homesick, it was also 5 years ago he left. Who else has done this as I can't recall anyone else off hand?

They cited sporting & financial reasons but while there are serious issues with La Masia under Segura, Bakero & Amor wages played a big role. There is the professional contract issue in Spain which is where the term poaching originates - English clubs can provide professional contracts at significantly higher wages & Barcelona can do nothing about it apart from ensuring a sporting project that will lead to first team football. Unfortunately, youth football under Rosell & Bartomeu has nosedived and the gap between Juvenil A and the senior team has never been wider

Of course, you can't blame the kid either, he left Asspanyol to come to Barcelona in the first place and saw poor board decisions derail many career paths for cantera players - Puyol is his agent so it's improbable he would encourage a Catalan kid to leave unless on balance it was the best choice
Not enough credit has been given to Asspanyol haha well done sir

Or in the case of both Sancho & Adria, it's about money in the end. City and English football in general can't really bridge the similar development gap between 15/16 and first team football due to the lack of a proper reserve league say like the Segunda. A player like Adria, for example, will ultimately train at times under the tutelage of Pep in the summer but will surely be loaned out to develop and he's still too young to be farmed out to Girona, for example. That means he will not play in the 'Guardiola/Cruyff' way in terms of development but will merely play in varying environments, tactical setups, countries etc. - doesn't ensure continuity of anything other than playing regularly perhaps. Doesn't often equate to developing a player and hence why I see it as a financial move.

Jadon is an oddity since he left development under Pep to get regular minutes and the immediacy of senior football in Europe. He's also a year older than Adria & can't be ignored that Sancho was always chasing the payoff since he never really spent time developing at Manchester's academy anyway - just a stepping stone. Adria is a local kid and surely there were aspirations to flourish at Barcelona so while both the sporting conditions and wages influenced the decision ultimately, money certainly had considerable weight

I am curious to follow his trajectory but even more so about what Pep will do with him over the next 2 seasons

Some excellent points made here rebthe signing of ‘promising’ youth players and then never hearing much until they are sold...

Do we look at something like the league cup and say this is the testing ground for such players ?

Or are we still in thought of this is a major trophy so we play best possible team and go out to win it ?

Also why ( unless they do ) don’t City have a team (U21 ) in that check-a-trade trophy. If I recall they would have had a minimum of 3 games vs league 1&2 opposition- I for one would have gone to watch

Denis Suárez is the obvious name that comes to mind but he was only here for 2 seasons and by all accounts was homesick, it was also 5 years ago he left. Who else has done this as I can't recall anyone else off hand?
We signed Denis Suarez from Celta Vigo.

They cited sporting & financial reasons but while there are serious issues with La Masia under Segura, Bakero & Amor wages played a big role. There is the professional contract issue in Spain which is where the term poaching originates - English clubs can provide professional contracts at significantly higher wages & Barcelona can do nothing about it apart from ensuring a sporting project that will lead to first team football. Unfortunately, youth football under Rosell & Bartomeu has nosedived and the gap between Juvenil A and the senior team has never been wider

Of course, you can't blame the kid either, he left Asspanyol to come to Barcelona in the first place and saw poor board decisions derail many career paths for cantera players - Puyol is his agent so it's improbable he would encourage a Catalan kid to leave unless on balance it was the best choice
Hmm, how can you say you can't compete with the wages we pay when you have the largest wage bill in the world? Ours is the 5th highest.

Hmm, how can you say you can't compete with the wages we pay when you have the largest wage bill in the world? Ours is the 5th highest.

Because of child labor laws in countries like Spain, France & Germany where English clubs go fishing for bargain priced talent - they cannot sign professional contracts in their respective countries before the age of 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.