Adria Bernabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't named in the travelling squad but i presume this is the guy on the left.

Di0RADDW4AYb2aV.jpg

They cited sporting & financial reasons but while there are serious issues with La Masia under Segura, Bakero & Amor wages played a big role. There is the professional contract issue in Spain which is where the term poaching originates - English clubs can provide professional contracts at significantly higher wages & Barcelona can do nothing about it apart from ensuring a sporting project that will lead to first team football. Unfortunately, youth football under Rosell & Bartomeu has nosedived and the gap between Juvenil A and the senior team has never been wider

Of course, you can't blame the kid either, he left Asspanyol to come to Barcelona in the first place and saw poor board decisions derail many career paths for cantera players - Puyol is his agent so it's improbable he would encourage a Catalan kid to leave unless on balance it was the best choice

Am I right but didn't Puyol move Erik Garcia to us about 18 months ago, at the time he was rated as one of Barca's brightest prospects?

Am I right but didn't Puyol move Erik Garcia to us about 18 months ago, at the time he was rated as one of Barca's brightest prospects?

Puyol and his agency represent Garcia, Bernabe is a loss but Garcia hurts more since he's come through the academy from a young age and merely indicative of the poor management of La Masia by Segura et al

Puyol and his agency represent Garcia, Bernabe is a loss but Garcia hurts more since he's come through the academy from a young age and merely indicative of the poor management of La Masia by Segura et al

Well if he's going to leave Barca for anyone at least it was Pep!

Also, I had never heard of Bernabe before he moved to City, is he a central midfielder or more of an attacking mid?

Thank you for giving me a Barca perspective, it would seem that there are real problems in the Barca youth set up, for Puyol to move players to us would come as a real slap in the face to the Barca hierarchy

Thank you for giving me a Barca perspective, it would seem that there are real problems in the Barca youth set up, for Puyol to move players to us would come as a real slap in the face to the Barca hierarchy

And don't get me wrong, Bernabe has bonafide star potential but Garcia is cule through & through - that one hurt & was unexpected. If Riqui Puig had gone, I'd be devastated tbh. Segura is the main culprit given carte blanche by Bartomeu

Yes, the youth academy & sporting direction of the club has been a mess since Rosell/Bartomeu won the elections. The younger squads continue to flourish but both Barcelona B & the road to the first team has been seriously damaged. Losing star talents every offseason is a reflection of that. Keep an eye out for Xavi Simons, I suspect he will be next big talent to leave - Raiola is his agent, as well

Even as an agent, Puyol wouldn't encourage a local kid to leave Barcelona - I refuse to believe that, unless there is concern for the player's future and currently that is a legitimate concern for many youth talents with this board

I think that is a bit of an overstatement.

As an agent, his primary interest is in the players. I expect he has quite a bit of admiration for Barca, but nobody knows what Pep can do for a player's career like Puyol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.