Adverts on bluemoon

@Ric any way we can remove the embedded ads that take up the entire screen when you try to scroll down to the posts in the thread when using iOS?

They are bloody annoying, actually blocking almost all of top posts and the entirety of the alerts and PM drop downs, so you have to reload the page (whilst remembering the number of alerts you had, as hitting the alert icon resets it, but you can’t actually see any of them because of the ad) and play roulette hoping you don’t get another scroll ad on the reload.
This is what I am referring to:

IMG-2569.jpg

This exit intent ad is causing a lot of issues at the moment.

Appears if you quickly scroll to the top or go to click off the page.

Understand the purpose of it, but can the cap be reduced to something like one impression per user per day?

At the moment it's far too frequent, it appears multiple times a session and takes up the entire screen.

It's triggers are also off as I'm not looking to leave the page.

Id also be surprised if Google isn't flagging this ad for confirmed click too? Which can cause long term damage to the value of the site.

Maybe one to ask Snack Media on

Attachments

• 1000059712.png
    1000059712.png
    509.1 KB · Views: 8
Sorry (again) about this. Any click through links (i.e. the URL the ads take you go to) would be really helpful in identifying where exactly these are coming from and getting them removed. Thanks in advance!

Sorry (again) about this. Any click through links (i.e. the URL the ads take you go to) would be really helpful in identifying where exactly these are coming from and getting them removed. Thanks in advance!
These are are coming through the vendor exitbee. Not sure if this has already been identified by your ad partner?

It's what the ad is designed to do, identifying user behaviour to leave the site and displaying an ad as they do.

They work well as incremental revenue units, but It's triggers are a little aggressive, they're usually capped at minimal impressions per user per day (or per 2 hours) but they're displaying more frequently than that- I've had 2/3 served in the space of 15 minutes.

Identifying the URL for these ads wouldn't do all that much as it's not a broken creative, it's a full page ad that is doing exactly as it's designed to do. I think your ad partner needs to speak to exit bee on the impression rate if they've not already done so.

These are are coming through the vendor exitbee. Not sure if this has already been identified by your ad partner?

It's what the ad is designed to do, identifying user behaviour to leave the site and displaying an ad as they do.

They work well as incremental revenue units, but It's triggers are a little aggressive, they're usually capped at minimal impressions per user per day (or per 2 hours) but they're displaying more frequently than that- I've had 2/3 served in the space of 15 minutes.

Identifying the URL for these ads wouldn't do all that much as it's not a broken creative, it's a full page ad that is doing exactly as it's designed to do. I think your ad partner needs to speak to exit bee on the impression rate if they've not already done so.
Are you getting these when logged in mate? I thought they were only supposed to be served to guests, but will check that.

Are you getting these when logged in mate? I thought they were only supposed to be served to guests, but will check that.
When logged in yeah!

I work in adtech myself so understand the need for them, but the rate of them is a bit too high at times.

Although I've not seen any today as of yet.

Reactions: Ric

@BlueDan91 I'm not a techy so you've lost me on all of that but you mention it identifies when a user wants to leave the site. I get various ads, usually Haven and Siemens, when I am trying to open a forum or thread, not when I'm leaving it. Further, it is totally random, which to me suggests a bug or glitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.