Adverts on bluemoon

@BlueDan91 I'm not a techy so you've lost me on all of that but you mention it identifies when a user wants to leave the site. I get various ads, usually Haven and Siemens, when I am trying to open a forum or thread, not when I'm leaving it. Further, it is totally random, which to me suggests a bug or glitch.
It identifies when it thinks a user is trying to leave the site by either noting when the user quickly scrolls to the top of the page on mobile or if their mouse starts to move upwards on desktop- even if to open a new thread- it will think you're moving to click off and serve an ad.

These sort of ads also serve when they think a user is idle too.

Quite possibly a bug but everything I've seen of it so far works exactly how I'd expect it to work for that format, I think it was just a little too aggressive with it's triggers.

It identifies when it thinks a user is trying to leave the site by either noting when the user quickly scrolls to the top of the page on mobile or if their mouse starts to move upwards on desktop- even if to open a new thread- it will think you're moving to click off and serve an ad.

Quite possibly a bug but everything I've seen of it so far works exactly how I'd expect it to work for that format, I think it was just a little too aggressive with it's triggers.
Ah, OK cheers I understand now.

I think the issue with the Haven ads etc that @Blue Mist is referring to is separate from the exit intent ads you mention.

I still can’t work out why you’re getting those ads though, as they’re only meant to be served to guests!

Typically don't mind the unobtrusive ads and I recognise why they are on the site. However, the WORST ads are the ones that simply take over the whole screen and limit your ability to scroll the site for a short period of time.

Typically don't mind the unobtrusive ads and I recognise why they are on the site. However, the WORST ads are the ones that simply take over the whole screen and limit your ability to scroll the site for a short period of time.
Which are becoming far more common, unfortunately. I just ironically had one when opening this thread.

I posted about these adverts earlier in the thread, as well.

This is what I am referring to:

IMG-2569.jpg
Yes, these are the ones I was referring to in my post. This one and McDonald's are prevalent.

Ric, I don’t recall you asking my permission to have a picture of me on this here fine site of yours…
IMG_6702.jpeg

Just got this come up and take over the entire screen.

Attachments

• IMG_8647.png
    IMG_8647.png
    625.1 KB · Views: 8

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.