Agenda against City? Ref Stats 2012/13

Generally speaking, is it fair to say that a larger share of possession is going to lead to more fouls against than for? I would assume so but for anyone with the time if they could produce the stats for possession and fouls, especially for the top five clubs and then we could compare these stats:

Freekick Won/Conceded Percentage:
Lee Probert(City): 50%, (United): 57.9%.
Mark Clattenburg(City): 50%, (United): 59.3%.
Kevin Friend(City): 48.5%, (United): 43.4%.
Neil Swarbrick(City): 47.8%, (United): 66.7%.
Phil Dowd(City): 47.6%, (United): N/A.
Howard Webb(City): 47.5%, (United): 51.6%.
Mike Jones(City): 47.4%, (United): 52.2%.
Mike Dean(City): 46%, (United): 51.3%.
Mark Halsey(City): 44.9%, (United): 46.6%.
Martin Atkinson(City): 42.9%, (United): 55.2%.
Anthony Taylor(City): 40.7%, (United): 54.9%.
Jon Moss(City): 35.8%, (United): 40.5%.
Michael Oliver(City): 34.8%, (United): 49.1%.
Andre Marriner(City): 33.8%, (United): 55.1%.
Chris Foy(City): 32.7%, (United): 40.8%.
Lee Mason(City): N/A, (United): 48%.

I believe it would lend greater weight to suggest we are hard done by.

In any case it's hard to concede that not one referee has given us more fouls for than against. That would suggest we are doing something wrong...

My own cat meme. I've made it!

Those stats prove absolutely zero, too. Like i've asked a thousand times before, have each of the refs who have given those decisions been given a letter, email, (can't be that, too traceable), or any other form of communication which states 'make sure those cunts fail'? Were they given it last season, the season when we won the league? What about the season before when we won the cup, and this season too when history is likely to repeat itself? If there is an agenda, it's not working well is it? And please don't say look at the league table, because we only have ourselves to blame for that.

The margins between those stats are quite slim anyway.

Can only admire the effort gone into it though, (genuinely).

I've saved that meme ;-)

kiam06 said:
Thanks for the post but it's pretty clear already the league is bent to assist Sky's club United only a complete numpty would think there is no agenda.

To be honest agenda makes it sound part credible actually it's illegal match fixing and the reason I'm starting to fall out of love with football.

How can I support something when I do not believe in what I'm watching?

Bang on the money.

please can you re-do this list after Sunday - its hardly going to improve for us with that red tw*t reffing us on sunday

kiam06 said:
Thanks for the post but it's pretty clear already the league is bent to assist Sky's club United only a complete numpty would think there is no agenda.

To be honest agenda makes it sound part credible actually it's illegal match fixing and the reason I'm starting to fall out of love with football.

Why do you bother then?

Also, in what way has it favoured United? The gold badges on our players' arms throws that theory right out of the window, and if you want a reason why they are where they are this season, then look at the 'drawn' and 'won' columns of the table - or in other words, they are where they are due to our own failings in games, not because the powers that be want them to be there.

We dont receive that many free kicks because we pass the ball about so much that it's difficult for defenders to get close to us.

We do give a fair number of free kicks away because, whilst we aren't a dirty team, we do commit a large number of professional fouls. Players like Barry and Garcia will push over a player rather than let them get past them.

cibaman said:
We dont receive that many free kicks because we pass the ball about so much that it's difficult for defenders to get close to us.

We do give a fair number of free kicks away because, whilst we aren't a dirty team, we do commit a large number of professional fouls. Players like Barry and Garcia will push over a player rather than let them get past them.
Yeah, Kompany pretty bad for it too.

Those stats don't show anythjng really. Were the fouls justified? how many shouldn't have been given? Unless you tell us that the thread title is just a childish and, now typically for City fans, whiney/moany.

I think we're probably the most physical team in the league. We bully many teams. We're not dirty (although Silva is a bit sly and gets away with it anyway).

I get utterly frustrated sometimes with the amount if free kicks we give away around our own box, that are deserved fouls to be fair.

When we have the ball we usually shift it on before a defender gets to us, or this season we've just passed it to the opposition anyway through sloppy play. There's only the odd time I'm shouting at the ref for a foul - I much prefer a game to flow anyway I think most fouls that are given shouldn't be, most yellow cards that are given should just be a foul and many red cards should just be a yellow.

-- Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:49 am --

Pigeonho said:
kiam06 said:

Why do you bother then?

Also, in what way has it favoured United? The gold badges on our players' arms throws that theory right out of the window, and if you want a reason why they are where they are this season, then look at the 'drawn' and 'won' columns of the table - or in other words, they are where they are due to our own failings in games, not because the powers that be want them to be there.
Exactly.

When people are too weak to take responsibility for their own downfalls they look to blame someone else. The facts are every single game we haven't won this season is down to us and us only. And if people can't accept that they're the ones with the problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.