aguero and maradona

de niro said:
Ha ha, maradona the emperor with no clothes.

I'd take aguero all day long.

I take it you've been drinking? Either that or you know nothing about football.

I'm close to being 40, and I saw Maradona during his peak ( 1982/1990).
IMHO it is not even a contest, Diego in a wheelchair would outshine any player of the last era, Messi & Tranny included.
The only two players that would have been able to live with him are R9 and Zidane, and even those two would compare poorly.

alky313 said:
Diego was not as prolific as even Romario. His strike rate for Argentina was less than that of Aguero. He did however play for less talented clubs. It's a difficult shout to compare him to anyone.

Maradona was an attacking midfielder, his goals ratios versus s striker isn't a proper comparison. Everything used to go through Maradona, he was more Silva's position.

de niro said:
shootmeifipost10k said:
de niro said:
Aguero could do that if he too was coked up .

To be fair to Maradona in the 80s I played with someone who went on to play for a few league 1 and 2 clubs and after a night shit faced on coke he was fucking useless and even worse when he had a pick me up just before a game. I saw him have a few real stinkers in games that left me wondering.

either way the man is a fucking disgrace. a cheat and a general ****.

want to see a proper player?

pick from these.

zz
cruyff
pele
messi
Charles
R Charlton
romario
maldini
I could go on.

Maradona is comfortably better than nearly everyone on that list IMO. Messi has the potential to eclipse him though.

I agree that he's a cheat and twat though!

dan.j.mcfc said:
de niro said:
shootmeifipost10k said:
To be fair to Maradona in the 80s I played with someone who went on to play for a few league 1 and 2 clubs and after a night shit faced on coke he was fucking useless and even worse when he had a pick me up just before a game. I saw him have a few real stinkers in games that left me wondering.

pick from these.

zz
cruyff
pele
messi
Charles
R Charlton
romario
maldini
I could go on.

Maradona is comfortably better than nearly everyone on that list IMO. Messi has the potential to eclipse him though.

Messi is better in my opinion.

Bilboblue said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
de niro said:

pick from these.

zz
cruyff
pele
messi
Charles
R Charlton
romario
maldini
I could go on.

Messi is better in my opinion.

Thing is these days we see a lot more of the superstars due to the TV coverage, I wonder how good Maradona would have looked in today's Barcelona side!

Two amazing players and we hve been lucky to see one of them play in blue. Would say maradona tho them runs he used to do were amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.