Aguero banned for three games (updated)

I don't think there was a great deal in it tbh. Furthermore, in real time many of us at the game didn't see a major incident at the time and neither did the ref (and we were watching the incident at the time, because that's exactly where the ball was heading). On replays and slow mo etc. we all suddenly think we can analyse every single precise thought pattern and movement as if we're watching David Attenborough commentating on the slow-mo camerawork of a hummingbirds fecking wings. Shit happens, it looks bad from one camera angle, and looks absolutely cock all from the other. Intent, blah blah blah. I see real intent when a striker's bearing down on goal, and a guy hacks his legs from under him. More times than not the instigator has 'taken one for the team' and gets a yellow. Let's not get carried away, stray elbows have never damaged players' careers to the extent that intentional leg swipes, or leg challenges have. There's no comparison. Anyone who feels differently can give me the stats and I'll happily concede.

Anyhow, we should take it on the chin and move on - no amount of analysis is ever going to change an FA decision once the 'jobs for the boys' club have made a decision. Could you imagine the fallout?

Don't think it's a ban-worthy swing but why did he even give the FA the chance? Silly thing for him to do and now we've lost him for the derby. Pep won't let him forget.

This sets a major precedent. Any flinching of a limb on a 50/50 playing for the ball, eye on the ball, in a tussle, that can be subjectively construed as violent even though there is no contact, can and shall be reviewed from this point onwards. And I can already see which players in other teams, if this rule holds, will have not one but several 3 match bans in the course of one season.

Won't hold my breath.

I think the fact our F.A act on media hype and not incidents alone is a disgrace. If a player has done something wrong or dangerous, act on it. Don't just act because you see a media shitstorm and a fuck ton of terrified United fans.

Why is Erick Lamela gouging Dejan Lovren's eyes not being acted on? A far more dangerous act also in a televised match this weekend.

Cq8uu4BXgAEcr8z.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.