Aguero: I could never join Real - INCL tweets after RM game

Re: Aguero: I could never join Real

Dubai Blue said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
If I were a Madrileno I'd support Atletico; if I were a Barcelonista I'd support Espanyol. If I had been born in Stretford I'd support MCFC.
It's not quite as simple as that in Catalonia. Espanyol aren't just the plucky little underdogs playing second fiddle to their much more illustrious neighbours. It can't be compared to City and United in any shape or form. In fact I'd associate City much more with the anti-establishment leanings of Barcelona than with Espanyol.

Totally agree with City being more akin to the anti-establishment leanings of Barca.

Espanyol are the team of the right politically (not necessarily far right) whereas Barcelona were flag bearers against the Fascist Franco. Barca were "underdogs" of sorts, and still are when compared with Real Madrid who are well known for getting refereeing decisions....sound familiar?

So If I were a Madrileno I'd support Atleticio, if I were a Barcelonista I'd support Barca definitely, and if I were born in West London I'd probably be QPR (never Chewwsey), but because my Mum and Dad moved to Glossop when I was a kid and he took me to both Manchester teams, one in the Blue grabbed me (great fans clinched it for me, the kit, and loved Paul Power's quality and enthusiasm) and I already hated the other...so I am a City fan!

If I were a Scouser...no let's not go there! Only kidding, Scousers!

I hope this is mistranslated/false as it's a really classless comment if true from someone you'd never expect it from.

Sergio Aguero has chosen the mixed zone post-match from Manchester City’s defeat to Real Madrid to claim that he would have joined Los Blancos if possible.

The Argentine striker was attributed earlier this week to have told the British media that he turned down the chance to join the Spanish champions last summer out of loyalty to Atletico Madrid, who instead sold him to Manchester City.

However, with the Citizens on duty tonight, but only from the bench, the player denied ever giving this interview and went further by saying that he would have liked to have signed for Real, but an offer did not come in.

“If Real Madrid had been interested in me, then I would be here,” he is reported as saying tonight.

“I had no option but to join City.”

Aguero scored the stoppage time goal that won the English side the Premier League title on the last day of last season.

LoveCity said:
I hope this is mistranslated/false as it's a really classless comment if true from someone you'd never expect it from.

Sergio Aguero has chosen the mixed zone post-match from Manchester City’s defeat to Real Madrid to claim that he would have joined Los Blancos if possible.

The Argentine striker was attributed earlier this week to have told the British media that he turned down the chance to join the Spanish champions last summer out of loyalty to Atletico Madrid, who instead sold him to Manchester City.

However, with the Citizens on duty tonight, but only from the bench, the player denied ever giving this interview and went further by saying that he would have liked to have signed for Real, but an offer did not come in.

“If Real Madrid had been interested in me, then I would be here,” he is reported as saying tonight.

Aguero scored the stoppage time goal that won the English side the Premier League title on the last day of last season.

Comes from a guy who seems to work for Real Madrid TV.

These big foreign clubs like Real, Barca and AC like a bit of propaganda tho. Doubt it's true.

I'll apologise to Sergio if it isn't true.

But if it is true it's the same old shit.

He said it in the mixed zone and it's not only Real Madrid TV journos reporting it. The only question is whether there was a context that is missing from the translations.

LoveCity said:
He said it in the mixed zone and it's not only Real Madrid TV journos reporting it. The only question is whether there was a context that is missing from the translations.
Get your facts right

Why the fuck has everything gone so hysterical on here because we lost 3-2 away to REAL MADRID??

Embarrassing.

If it's true it probably sticks in the throat more than tonights result.

I honestly believed after the Tevez fiasco the other players would have learnt to keep their feelings to themselves and their mouths shut.

Once again another player, Sergio this time, sticks the.......when we're already down.

LoveCity said:

I can only imagine the shitstorm if this quote turns out to be true. What an awful thing to say after your teammates just suffered a tough loss...

cool cat said:
LoveCity said:
Get your facts right

My facts? How about direct links to the two main Spanish sports newspapers with the quotes?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.marca.com/2012/09/19/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1348006068.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.marca.com/2012/09/19/futbol/ ... 06068.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/aguero-real-madrid-le-hubiese/20120918dasdasftb_71/Tes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/aguer ... ftb_71/Tes</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.