Aguero plays 90 mins ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is exactly why we needed striker cover....

Very few players playing at the level Kun does will ever go through season uninjured.......it was so predictable that it would happen and that we would be left short.

I rate Kelechi but nowhere near the level.....scored a great goal for his country yesterday but he isn't consistent and without KDB as well we are considerably weaker......lets hope its only a little problem and he doesn't miss anymore games.

This wouldn't be a problem if we had back up.......people were raving about the transfer window while many people pointed out planning for the future is brilliant but there is alps the here and now that needs to be looked at.....

Lets see if Sane gets a start now........needs to start stepping it up as people were saying he could play up top as well.....he hasn't looked upto speed yet but now would be a good time to get there.
He had the best goals/minute ratio in Europe last year, ahead of Suarez/Ronaldo/Messi etc. He has an incredible goals per minute ratio, an even more incredible goals/assist per minutes ratio, and incredibly has very similar ratios for a very poor Nigeria team. If that's not consistency what on earth is? He consistently gets goals & assists, and that is his job.

This "we need another striker" nonsense is painful to read, what are you expecting, Aubameyang to sit on the bench waiting for Aguero to get injured..? It's simply never ever going to happen. The only way we get a back-up striker, is if we get a second tier one like Bony, is that what you'd prefer? That certainly wasn't most peoples preference last year, short memories perhaps.

We've got one of the best upcoming talents in the world, who is outscoring most of the best players in the world with his current rate, and he's back up to Aguero & happy to be so for now - it's a perfect situation for us, anyone hoping for more is delusional, totally delusional.

Name Barca's world class back up striker for me? Alcacer..? Name Bayern's world class back up striker? Can't? Name Real Madrid's world class back up striker? Morata? Name Dortmund's? Ramos? How about our local rivals; United, Rashford? Spurs, Janssen? Liverpool, Origi? Chelsea, Batshuayi? Arsenal, Perez?

Hope you see the pattern & why your thoughts are madness.

striker in who could genuinely play another position so still play in most games when Sergio is fit.
In that category I place Sterling, Nolito and Jesus (not the shit one). And possibly Sane but he will take time as he's young and a new league etc.

I'm far more concerned about KDB and Fernandinho being replaced.

He had the best goals/minute ratio in Europe last year, ahead of Suarez/Ronaldo/Messi etc. He has an incredible goals per minute ratio, an even more incredible goals/assist per minutes ratio, and incredibly has very similar ratios for a very poor Nigeria team. If that's not consistency what on earth is? He consistently gets goals & assists, and that is his job.

This "we need another striker" nonsense is painful to read, what are you expecting, Aubameyang to sit on the bench waiting for Aguero to get injured..? It's simply never ever going to happen. The only way we get a back-up striker, is if we get a second tier one like Bony, is that what you'd prefer? That certainly wasn't most peoples preference last year, short memories perhaps.

We've got one of the best upcoming talents in the world, who is outscoring most of the best players in the world with his current rate, and he's back up to Aguero & happy to be so for now - it's a perfect situation for us, anyone hoping for more is delusional, totally delusional.

Name Barca's world class back up striker for me? Alcacer..? Name Bayern's world class back up striker? Can't? Name Real Madrid's world class back up striker? Morata? Name Dortmund's? Ramos? How about our local rivals; United, Rashford? Spurs, Janssen? Liverpool, Origi? Chelsea, Batshuayi? Arsenal, Perez?

Well said.

Ever since that tremendous first half vs that lot from across town I have no worries whatsoever playing with or without Aguero. Even if we are without KdB as well.
Some need to be convinced about Iheanacho over and over again. I'm passed that stage. The lad is a great back-up for Aguero and is hopefully soon attling for more than being a back-up.

interview in argentina, he says himself his calf felt tired and he's available Tuesday for argentina to play

kelechis goals to mins ratio is helped by the fact that he appears a s sub a lot - this will decrease as time goes by....its a stat that is misleading (unless you are saying that Kelechi is a better striker than those he has a better goals to minute ratio than cause i know in a heart beat who I would rather have)....like i said i think he is a great player but he is not in the same league as the likes of Aguero at present.

Like i said in reply to someone else, I don't expect a striker to come in and just sit on the bench, I expect a striker to come in and rotate....a squad game..its not about the starting 11 or even the starting 11 plus subs....it hasn't been like this for years now. We also have to start to look to the future without Kun. Thats why we have gone for Jesus Im guessing so some people at cthe club definitely aren't pinning all their hopes on Kelechi which I think is a very wise thing to do.

I know its the perfect situation with Kelechi being happy at present and Im not disagreeing with that...

Im not even saying we need world class back up (never had said that) what `I'm saying is that we need more than Kelechi. Do i know who that is...no i don't. Bony was a very poor choice as Im not sure who thought he would fit into our way of playing (whether that was sellers or Txixi or someone else but they couldn't have got it more wrong if they had tried)There are people at the club paid a lot of money for that very job and who would know however.

Barca don't need a world class striker as they have a world class squad.......we don't...we have a few world class players but their is a considerable drop off in class after than which some of the other teams you have mentioned don't have.

The fact that we have gone out and bought Gabriel Jesus tells me that the people who run the club know we need another attacking option.....so Im guessing you are calling them mad

My main argument is with people who think Kelechi guarantees anything (as much as any player even Kun/Messi/Sanchez etc can guarantee anything)

Their is a huge growing arrogance on this board with some peoples posts. I don't usually resort to comments like this but it needs to be said.

I guess time will tell and I hope I am proved wrong and that we don't miss Kun at all and kelechi and others help carry us to beating Everton Barca and whoever else we have over the next few weeks while/if Kun is out for a few games. It won't be the first time it happens this season with Aguero either unless we are very lucky....maybe cause he has to play so much|

I just hope the Sergio decides not to play and keeps himself fit for the game against Everton on Saturday. After all this game is more important then the Argentine game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.