Aguero's penalty

Re: Agueros penalty

6one said:
cibaman said:
han said:
But how about the goal from Dzeko last season against Norwich? The keeper saved it but the ball got in anyway. But was counted as an OG

Rules have changed

They have not changed.

And Dzeko's goal from last year was NOT saved before it hit the post. The shot was OFF-TARGET.

Aguero's penalty was ON-TARGET and that is the difference.

Fact.
Discussion over.

Rules were changed in the Summer

pudge said:
hgblue said:
pudge said:
Again, how would it be any different if Howard parried it back into play, and the shot was on target, and it hit an Everton defender and went in?

This would involve another phase of play and another player.
The second it hits the post it's back in play and in your words, another phase of play.

Obviously the panel are now inclined to credit the striker and not blemish a keeper for something he had no control over but those saying it's not an O.G or that they see no reason for it to be are wearing blue tinted specs.

Even with my blue tinted glasses on I actually don't care whether this gets awarded to Aguero or not. However, if the shot is on target and ends up in the back of the net without another player touching it apart from the keeper it shouldn't be an own goal imo. Obviously, if the keeper saves it and has the ball under control, then throws it into his own net, then this is a different kettle of fish and should be an own goal. As I said earlier, lets just see who gets credited with this goal as we aren't going to agree.

mancitymick said:
6one said:
cibaman said:
Rules have changed

They have not changed.

And Dzeko's goal from last year was NOT saved before it hit the post. The shot was OFF-TARGET.

Aguero's penalty was ON-TARGET and that is the difference.

Fact.
Discussion over.

Rules were changed in the Summer
Didn't you read? The discussion is over! :-)
Personally I was just made up in went in, with or without Howard's help. We needed that breathing space of a third and it was only then I relaxed a bit. We were worthy of the win but with the earlier chances we spurned I'd started to think it was going to be another of those days.

hgblue said:
pudge said:
hgblue said:
This would involve another phase of play and another player.
The second it hits the post it's back in play and in your words, another phase of play.

Obviously the panel are now inclined to credit the striker and not blemish a keeper for something he had no control over but those saying it's not an O.G or that they see no reason for it to be are wearing blue tinted specs.

Even with my blue tinted glasses on I actually don't care whether this gets awarded to Aguero or not. However, if the shot is on target and ends up in the back of the net without another player touching it apart from the keeper it shouldn't be an own goal imo. Obviously, if the keeper saves it and has the ball under control, then throws it into his own net, then this is a different kettle of fish and should be an own goal. As I said earlier, lets just see who gets credited with this goal as we aren't going to agree.
Then why reply to my post...

I've said I think Aguero will get the credit for the goal based on a set precedent but I don't agree with those saying it's blatantly not an O.G. because if it doesn't hit Howard it doesn't go in, simple as that really. Lets just wait as you say.

pudge said:
hgblue said:
pudge said:

Then why reply to my post...

I've said I think Aguero will get the credit for the goal based on a set precedent but I don't agree with those saying it's blatantly not an O.G. because if it doesn't hit Howard it doesn't go in, simple as that really. Lets just wait as you say.

Just wanted to get the last word ;).

I spoke to a guy at work today about this issue, he's a referee, not professionally but he does referee to a fairly high standard (been involved in youth team games for the likes of City and United and at Northern Premier League type games). He says it's definitely an own goal. Once the ball stops travelling in a forward direction the original "action" (in this case Aguero's penalty kick) is deemed to be "dead" and a new phase has begun. So, as soon as the ball hit the post and started to travel away from the goal it was a new phase. He also said that, should this exact same scenario occur in a penalty shoot out then, by the letter of the law, the goal shouldn't count and it should be classed as a missed penalty. He admits though that there have been occasions, including in a penalty shoot out at a World Cup, where this law hasn't been enforced correctly.

cant believe this debate is still going on... put it this way, if howard wasnt in the net and it was an open goal.... if aguero hit the post in one shot and it came back out... he would of had a tap in, in his second effort... but because howard was there and it came back out and hit him and went in.... surly its his and own goal, had it hit howard then hit the post and gone in it would have been agueros goal but because the ball went in 3 sperate directions after aguero kicked it (goal bound, returning off the post and hiting keeper and returning towards the net)... then whoever it him on the way into the goal should be credited the goal...

why are you thickos still arguing saying it's an own goal.

It is not an own goal, on the past precedents.

Whether you think it is an own goal or not, It will go down OFFICIALLY as Aguero's.

That you cannot argue with.

6one said:

Whether you think it is an own goal or not, It will go down OFFICIALLY as Aguero's.

If you want to talk about precedents then that's simply not true

Plus, it is an own goal. It might not be in the future but now..

6one said:

Really, because it's gone down as an own goal in pretty much every media outlet you can think of. And with the premier League too. Apart from that you're spot on though. Oh, except for the precedent thing, which is also categorically wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.