Aguero's penalty

Re: Agueros penalty

What I'm curious about is how is Negredo's goal different? And by this I mean what technical detail makes one an OG and not the other.
It looks like Negredo is passing the ball to Aguero and it was not goal bound without Howard's interference. Sergio would have scored anyway so Howard had no choice but to react.
Is it that there was a rebound off the post in one case but not the other?

so

aguero kicks it goalbound and howard parries the ball directly forward away from goal.

therefore the ball doesnt hit the post and is travelling in opposite direction to the goal

and is in second phase as people say, it then hits the referee who deflects it into the

goal with no other player touching it. is this own goal still or agueros goal...................<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:16 pm --<br /><br />or

what would it be, if it had it hit the post directly [eg without howard touching it]

then the ball in some peoples eyes is in the second phase of course and ball is

moving away from the goal then hits the referee and rebounds into the goal

without anyone else touching it................

surely that cannot be an own goal as the last person before the referee to contact

is aguero.

and off course agueros initial shot is technically off target for the dubious goals

panel, so normally they cannot give it him as would never have gone in..................

MaineRoadBlue said:
SkyBlueUSA said:
It will go down as an OG under the rules. As much of the fuss that Hart gets, Howard had an awful game. Btw I think Yaya should be taking PK's. Dzeko has missed his last couple of PK's, and Aguero sold his too easily today.

Not a chance. The best penalty kick taker we have left at City after Mario's departure would be Milner followed by Kolorov.

Maybe even Negredo or Navas could be considered but never again can Dzeko, Silva or Aguero be trusted.

Yes Aguero's penalty may have eventually found the net, however only by 2 flaws, the first being that it hit the post, the second being Howard clearly read his open approach and right footed take which meant it was going only to his left. In retrospect however, I suppose we should be glad Howard read it so easily or he wouldn't have been there to head it in!

I remember Milner being excellent from the penalties. I don't recall Kolarov taking any. I'd imagine that he would be amazing at it (has the right mentality, confidence and talent) but I don't recall ever seeing him take one. Do you?

shadowyu said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
SkyBlueUSA said:
It will go down as an OG under the rules. As much of the fuss that Hart gets, Howard had an awful game. Btw I think Yaya should be taking PK's. Dzeko has missed his last couple of PK's, and Aguero sold his too easily today.

Not a chance. The best penalty kick taker we have left at City after Mario's departure would be Milner followed by Kolorov.

Maybe even Negredo or Navas could be considered but never again can Dzeko, Silva or Aguero be trusted.

Yes Aguero's penalty may have eventually found the net, however only by 2 flaws, the first being that it hit the post, the second being Howard clearly read his open approach and right footed take which meant it was going only to his left. In retrospect however, I suppose we should be glad Howard read it so easily or he wouldn't have been there to head it in!

I remember Milner being excellent from the penalties. I don't recall Kolarov taking any. I'd imagine that he would be amazing at it (has the right mentality, confidence and talent) but I don't recall ever seeing him take one. Do you?
He could be fucking dire at them in training though so that may be why.

gingerprince said:
so

aguero kicks it goalbound and howard parries the ball directly forward away from goal.

therefore the ball doesnt hit the post and is travelling in opposite direction to the goal

and is in second phase as people say, it then hits the referee who deflects it into the

goal with no other player touching it. is this own goal still or agueros goal...................

-- Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:16 pm --

or

what would it be, if it had it hit the post directly [eg without howard touching it]

surely that cannot be an own goal as the last person before the referee to contact

is aguero.

and off course agueros initial shot is technically off target for the dubious goals

panel, so normally they cannot give it him as would never have gone in..................

The use of the word 2nd phase was unneccesary whoever used it.

If it's saved, then hits the referee and goes in - Aguero's goal.

If it hits the post, then the referee and goes in - Aguero's goal.

It really is quite simple. Much like offside, just that people try to complicate it.

-- Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:19 pm --

pudge said:
Barcon said:
pudge said:
Then why reply to my post...

I've said I think Aguero will get the credit for the goal based on a set precedent but I don't agree with those saying it's blatantly not an O.G. because if it doesn't hit Howard it doesn't go in, simple as that really. Lets just wait as you say.

What do you base this on? Without knowing the trajectory of the ball, who's to say it wouldn't have gone in? either due to the spin of the ball or possibly off the other post first?
It doesn't bounce back in the direction of Howard's head if it was going to go in off the other post. And the speed of the ball in the opposite direction of the goal negates any idea of spin, at least any amount sufficient to make it stop, and go the other way.

Regardless, I think and hope you're not being serious.

It's because of Howard that it didn't go in, in the first place.

The rules are clear. It's Aguero's goal.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:21 pm --<br /><br />
Matty said:
6one said:
why are you thickos still arguing saying it's an own goal.

It is not an own goal, on the past precedents.

Whether you think it is an own goal or not, It will go down OFFICIALLY as Aguero's.

That you cannot argue with.

Really, because it's gone down as an own goal in pretty much every media outlet you can think of. And with the premier League too. Apart from that you're spot on though. Oh, except for the precedent thing, which is also categorically wrong.

Prove me wrong on the precedents. It's clear.

The media are not known for knowing the rules. Just look at their attempts to know what offside is and the constant reference to "last man".

6one said:
gingerprince said:
so

goal with no other player touching it. is this own goal still or agueros goal...................

-- Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:16 pm --

or

is aguero.

The use of the word 2nd phase was unneccesary whoever used it.

If it's saved, then hits the referee and goes in - Aguero's goal.

If it hits the post, then the referee and goes in - Aguero's goal.

It really is quite simple. Much like offside, just that people try to complicate it.

-- Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:19 pm --

pudge said:
Barcon said:
What do you base this on? Without knowing the trajectory of the ball, who's to say it wouldn't have gone in? either due to the spin of the ball or possibly off the other post first?
It doesn't bounce back in the direction of Howard's head if it was going to go in off the other post. And the speed of the ball in the opposite direction of the goal negates any idea of spin, at least any amount sufficient to make it stop, and go the other way.

Regardless, I think and hope you're not being serious.

It's because of Howard that it didn't go in, in the first place.

The rules are clear. It's Aguero's goal.

-- Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:21 pm --

Matty said:
6one said:

Whether you think it is an own goal or not, It will go down OFFICIALLY as Aguero's.

Really, because it's gone down as an own goal in pretty much every media outlet you can think of. And with the premier League too. Apart from that you're spot on though. Oh, except for the precedent thing, which is also categorically wrong.

Prove me wrong on the precedents. It's clear.

The media are not known for knowing the rules. Just look at their attempts to know what offside is and the constant reference to "last man".
If the rules are so clear and it's Aguero's goal then why is it currently down as an O.G?

pudge said:
If the rules are so clear and it's Aguero's goal then why is it currently down as an O.G?

Because the media outlets have no clue about the laws of the game.

C.f. Offside, last man, 2.5 years and Januzaj's English etc...

6one said:
pudge said:

It's not the media who decide what to mark it down as.

Everyone has acknowledged that history more than likely dictates he will be given the goal by the independent panel, but the 'rules' dictate it's an O.G.

You're ignorance, or just blue tinted view to this, is odd. But given your recent posts maybe it isn't.

pudge said:
6one said:
pudge said:

It's not the media who decide what to mark it down as.

Everyone has acknowledged that history more than likely dictates he will be given the goal by the independent panel, but the 'rules' dictate it's an O.G.

You're ignorance, or just blue tinted view to this, is odd. But given your recent posts maybe it isn't.

Spot on, not sure how this has turned into a 15 page debate.

6one said:

Even the most casual reading of the thread suggests there's plenty of room for interpretation either way.

You're the fucking thicko for making such an arrogant post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.