Aguero's penalty

Re: Agueros penalty

I'm certain that it will count as Aguero's goal.

I don't understand the logic of those who have said because he saved it, it is an own goal. That's even more reason why it should be Aguero's goal as if he hadn't saved it initially, the shot wouldn't have been on target.

Regardless, the precedent has been set that it will count as Aguero's goal.

Richards header v Arsenal in 2009 hit the post, hit Almunia and went in. - Here you see the shot wasn't even on target but it counted as a Richards goal.

This season, yaya's free-kick v hull was discussed by the panel and given to yaya. Though, I don't see how this ever was up for debate.

6one said:

I don't understand the logic of those who have said because he saved it, it is an own goal. That's even more reason why it should be Aguero's goal as if he hadn't saved it initially, the shot wouldn't have been on target.

Richards header v Arsenal in 2009 hit the post, hit Almunia and went in. - Here you see the shot wasn't even on target but it counted as a Richards goal.

This season, yaya's free-kick v hull was discussed by the panel and given to yaya. Though, I don't see how this ever was up for debate.

Not sure about the two Micah and Yaya goals, but the way it's usually done these days is that if the ball is bouncing away from goal, but then hits the goalie and goes in, it's an OG to the goalie. This happened with Dzeko at Norwich last year - his shot hit the post and was bouncing away from goal before hitting the goalie and going in. That was called an OG, and the Aguero penalty was similar - his shot was saved by Howard, and it was bouncing away from the goal off the post, when it hit the goalie and went in, so OG.

6one said:

But how about the goal from Dzeko last season against Norwich? The keeper saved it but the ball got in anyway. But was counted as an OG

Should be a Kun goal.

A penalty in open play should never be an own goal. If it was a shot from 25 yards which went in that way it wouldn't be an own goal. The view would be a scrambling attempt for the keeper.

If in a shoot out the rules are different and the goal technically wouldn't count as the ball had moved away from the goal. I doubt for a couple of inches tho that a ref would disallow it.

SuperYaya said:
BringBackSwales said:
SkyBlueUSA said:
It will go down as an OG under the rules. As much of the fuss that Hart gets, Howard had an awful game. Btw I think Yaya should be taking PK's. Dzeko has missed his last couple of PK's, and Aguero sold his too easily today.

Previously Sergio has missed exactly how many penalties for City?

That is results orientated thinking and it doesn't always work. Just because he's not missed one yet doesn't mean he's a good penalty taker and personally his technique doesn't fill me with confidence.

Time for milner or kolarov to step up maybe ?

Again, how would it be any different if Howard parried it back into play, and the shot was on target, and it hit an Everton defender and went in?

I can see the argument for it being Aguero's goal. If he'd hit the post straight away and it went in off Howard's back, then it'd obviously be an own goal. But it was going in, and Howard failed to save it properly.

Anyway, I don't see how it's that difficult for any half-decent player to be able to practice penalties to the point that they can score every time, like Mario or Van Nistelrooy used to. Look at the results of a summer practising free kicks for Toure.

I'm With Stupid said:
I can see the argument for it being Aguero's goal. If he'd hit the post straight away and it went in off Howard's back, then it'd obviously be an own goal. But it was going in, and Howard failed to save it properly.

Anyway, I don't see how it's that difficult for any half-decent player to be able to practice penalties to the point that they can score every time, like Mario or Van Nistelrooy used to. Look at the results of a summer practising free kicks for Toure.

He knocked it onto the post and it was on it's way out, away from the goal - how is that not saving it properly?

You lost your fantasy points - let it go... ;-)

han said:
6one said:

But how about the goal from Dzeko last season against Norwich? The keeper saved it but the ball got in anyway. But was counted as an OG

Rules have changed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.