Aguero's recovery?

bluefromleve32 said:
is it now worth thinking about selling him in the summer to one of the big Spanish clubs?

I love him to death, but if we got an offer in the region of 45-50m I think we should take it. Sergios injuries over the last 2 seasons have been a massive hindrance. I know hes still our top goal scorer but surely we could get 2 top 25m strikers to make up the loss of goals?

a fully fit and happy Sergio is arguably the 3rd best player in the world but a player who misses 3 months of a season isn't any good to anyone

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

Im_outta_here.gif

bluefromleve32 said:
is it now worth thinking about selling him in the summer to one of the big Spanish clubs?

I love him to death, but if we got an offer in the region of 45-50m I think we should take it. Sergios injuries over the last 2 seasons have been a massive hindrance. I know hes still our top goal scorer but surely we could get 2 top 25m strikers to make up the loss of goals?

a fully fit and happy Sergio is arguably the 3rd best player in the world but a player who misses 3 months of a season isn't any good to anyone

Is this some sort of joke?

Injuries happen and this season has been a bad one for him.

Sell to one of the big Spanish clubs? They are our rival in the Champions League you know, what happens if Sergio scores the winner to knock us out or even worse the winner in a European Cup final.

bluefromleve32 said:

To be replaced by who? He's had a bad season for injuries but when he's been fit i doubt there is a better striker in the world.

You do not simply discard a player like Aguero because of some bad injuries.

If he was like Rodwell or Richards, maybe, but he's played a lot of games in his career and not a perma crock.

It shows you how good Aguero is that he's missed half the season and is still 4th top scorer in the Premier League.

LoveCity said:
You do not simply discard a player like Aguero because of some bad injuries.

If he was like Rodwell or Richards, maybe, but he's played a lot of games in his career and not a perma crock.

It shows you how good Aguero is that he's missed half the season and is still 4th top scorer in the Premier League.

He is only 4 goals off from scoring 30 goals in all competitions for us this season and there are 9 games left, definitely not a bad return for a player who has been out for two and a half to three months.

We've had far too many hamstring injuries this season, and not just to Kun either. I was listening to an ex-player on TalkSport a couple of weeks back, I think it was Ray Parlour, and he was talking about hamstring injuries in general. Apparently, once it goes it becomes a potentially weak spot in a player and his personal training regime has to be managed accordingly. Our injury record has been poor this season and it is in this management area that needs a radical overhaul, in my opinion.

If you take the season as a whole we can live with Sergio missing games, we had a slow start (away from home) and a dip in Feb, but the season is long and hard and there are still games to be won, I cant believe this is being raised.

Just look at the other clubs in Prem and if Chelsea lost Hazard they would be struggle badly , if Liverpool lost Suarez they would have dropped points, we have not done too bad without him, but we can still call upon him in last few games.

How would United go on if Fellaini missed 10/12 games(I know I am being silly now).

Newtoncc said:
If you take the season as a whole we can live with Sergio missing games, we had a slow start (away from home) and a dip in Feb, but the season is long and hard and there are still games to be won, I cant believe this is being raised.

Just look at the other clubs in Prem and if Chelsea lost Hazard they would be struggle badly , if Liverpool lost Suarez they would have dropped points, we have not done too bad without him, but we can still call upon him in last few games.

How would United go on if Fellaini missed 10/12 games(I know I am being silly now).
When we won the title two years ago, we had a relatively good run on the injury side of things. Our main problems came from suspensions to VK and Mad Mario. If our injury record this season was the equal of that season, we would be running away with things right now. As you say, we've not done too badly at all, but it was injuries that robbed us of key results vs Chelsea and Barca, and who knows where we might be now if we'd had a clean bill of health at that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.