Aguero's Season so far.

kidash said:
he's been well under par so far.

but that's only because i know the levels he can hit.

after seeing silva in 10-11 and how he took a while to settle, i'm willing to wait until next year to start seeing the real kun. don't forget he'll have the summer off.

if we can win this title with kun underperforming, we'll walk it next season. he'll single handedly win us games, something he hasn't done yet.

I agree with that. I haven't really y seen him take players on or destroy defenders like he did in La Liga.

Like i said, it will probs be next season when we will see the best of him. Not everyone can have a Torres at Liverpool 1st season.

First season in the Prem I think he has done ok. He needs to and will improve the more games he plays but that is to be expected.

he's been the best striking option for the top of the prem in his firsts season here and scored 15 goals.

great first season but he can and will improve. to think about how good we've been this year. next year we'll be even better and so on.

arsenalrob said:
MCFC BOB said:
I think he's been hovering around the B- mark for me. He's scored goals, but he's often been anonymous away from home and has gone missing in a couple of games where we've needed him to shine, but he's a fantastic player and I'd honestly have him over Rooney/Drogba/van Persie in a one-on-one situation.
RVP is the most striker in the world. You also have to add the fact that he doesnt play with a alot of quality around him.

That said, Aguero is younger so i guess it would be sensible to take him over RVP.

-- Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:39 am --

gaudinho's stolen car said:
arsenalrob said:
I was reading that he has only scored in Manchester and London this season? Strange.

Anyway he has looked a little out of sorts away from home all season and i was wondering how you guys feel he has done this season?

I don't think he has found his A.Madrid form yet and we may see the best of him next season i am assuming.

Fortunately no-one gives a fack what you think you cant.

Then lock off this thread then?

Was i rude? No. No need to be childish just because i am an opposing supporter.

-- Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:39 am --

gaudinho's stolen car said:
arsenalrob said:
I was reading that he has only scored in Manchester and London this season? Strange.

Anyway he has looked a little out of sorts away from home all season and i was wondering how you guys feel he has done this season?

I don't think he has found his A.Madrid form yet and we may see the best of him next season i am assuming.

Fortunately no-one gives a fack what you think you cant.

Then lock off this thread then?

Was i rude? No. No need to be childish just because i am an opposing supporter.

RVP the most( i presume u mean best) striker in the world! R u avin a laff? If Holland would've had a half decent striker in the world cup they would've won it! I admit he's been looking pretty good of late and stepped up to the plate after Arsenal lost some good players recently, but he scores so many goals because everything is aimed for him and he gets all the chances! With City any1 can score !

Likely to finish on 20+ premiership goals in his first season not bad for a first season.My only complaint would be he lacks composure when shooting if he works on this then he could easily be challenging for top scorer as his bursts of pace constantly gets him in great positions but then he tends to blast the ball.

We forget just how YOUNG Aguero is sometimes! And, throw in the fact that he has played with about 20 new players this season, about 10 of which have been midfielders and his attacking partners (Silva today!), I would say that he has done "quite well, thank you very much!"

I think the bigger improvements in his game next season will be decision-making and the fact that other players will better understand the runs he does (and can) make.

Where he does NOT shine quite as well is when City are camped inside and around the opponents 25 yard line, and he has to play with his back to goal. His strength is pulling away from (to the side) his defender, making a few years for the pass, and making his speed and power count. Sadly, he has wanted a touch too many at times, and occasionally a touch too few.

When he finds THAT timing, and his fellow City players see him make that space for himself, he will be truly world class. RVP does this VERY WELL ALREADY.

Let's not forget, RVP is 29 years old and hitting his peak as the sole focus of Arsenal's attack after EIGHT OR NINE YEARS in England. Sergio is ONLY 23 and the top scorer for the top team in the Prem in his FIRST SEASON in the Prem.

Count me as an admirer!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.