Aguero's successor?

Gabby isn't even as old yet as when we got Sergio, who started here with his learning years behind him, yet your saying Gabbys learning time should push out Kun in the best form of his life? unrealistic to me but Gabby will step up.
Augero was an incredible player at Atletico , he was one of the most sought after players in world football, Real were desperate to sign him but could not because of an agrement in place between the two clubs not to sign each others players.

Would he choose City over Madrid all things being equal ? No probably not.

Would he chose City over Madrid for the chance to work with the greatest coach of this generation ? Possibly.

he already said no to the greatest coach of this generation, or in his words - not to him, but to City.

Stats mean absolutely nothing. Performances on the pitch that count. Jesus is a very good player, you don't play for Brazil and Manchester City in your early 20's if your not.
We are asking the question , in the long term CAN be replace one of the world's greatest strikers in Augero? I see him no more that a squad player and never a long term solution.
I feel sorry for whoever replaces Augero, the guy is a legend but as a club we have to find the best solution we can, and people who talk on here of not needing another striker are simply foolish.

We are about to loose Sane, Augero is in his final run with us at the peak of his powers and Jesus, the jury is out.

We have to be in the market for a world class goalscorer this summer.
loads of us think it's jesus, because your jury is out means fuck all.
His stats mean he has been very good on the pitch, thank goodness pep can interpret them better than you.

Last edited:
Augero was an incredible player at Atletico , he was one of the most sought after players in world football, Real were desperate to sign him but could not because of an agrement in place between the two clubs not to sign each others players.
he didnt have as much competition there as Jesus had here. How did we get Gabby if he wasn't sought after? a charity buy? we felt sorry for him? Gabby has been great in his starts except one little dry spell, Aguero had them as well, they all do. %99 of teams out there would jump at Gabby, you know it. you said yourself he's a great player, he's a city man, get behind him. ffs.
Every team could use another top flight striker but seriously, who the hell do you think we are really going to get? one that's that much better than gabby?(who already knows the system)
wish away, it's Christmas time.

Last edited:
loads of us think it's jesus, because your jury is out means fuck all.
His stats mean he has been very good on the pitch, thank goodness pep can interpret them better than you.
Not sure Pep is as keen as you think, time will tell.

If Kun leaves around the same time as Pep, who's to say that the next manager won't want to play with two strikers? The question then becomes very different.

No one can replace Kun as he his a legend.
But his successor can become a legend by scoring the winning goal in a major cup final or last game of a season to clinch the championship - I hope that person is either Jesus or Raheem!!
That's not only the making of a legend, week in week out goal scoring machine, that's what makes a legend.

I think Jesus is very under-rated by City fans because he has been a little inconsistent but you forget how young he is and how difficult it is playing 2-3 games then going back to the bench.

He has all the raw materials to be a top player. He just needs games, and of course it will also help if those around him are on top of their game. AGainst Utd we played collectively a very poor game.

I think Jesus is very under-rated by City fans because he has been a little inconsistent but you forget how young he is and how difficult it is playing 2-3 games then going back to the bench.

He has all the raw materials to be a top player. He just needs games, and of course it will also help if those around him are on top of their game. AGainst Utd we played collectively a very poor game.
When Pep first came , lets not forget he seemed more than happy for Augero to be on the bench and Jesus to be the main man.

But like everyone whom dared to right off Augero, Sergio put all the pretenders in their place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.