Air fryer tips

A modern day marvelement of wonder is the Air Fryer. Tonights supper is Colemans chicken Kebab served on Deli Greek flat bread with Garlic sauce and a handful of Home Chips and a bit of salad and tomatoe for colouration: That is all:

btnL2TC.jpg

Cut into bite size pieces with a full packet of Colemans chicken kebab mixed with 10ml oil and cook for 12 minutes.

Last edited:
Would you be able to replicate the home made chips is probably the deal breaker for me, and are the drawers decent in size for 4 people to have dinner within reason.
We can do two baskets of chips in around 10 minutes so kids still in the kitchen when the second lot comes out so keeps the atmosphere.

Do you mean the chips saturated and fried in fat/oil or these with just a spray of olive oil that are crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy in the middle? :)

Attachments

• Chips.jpg
    Chips.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 14
I can see the attraction. We’ll probably end up getting one to have a play with it.

Another gadget to use once and stick in the cupboard I suspect, like the fancy mixer the mrs used to make one meringue a year ago.
I suspect not Johnny.

I only use the oven now for baking my bread, the air fryer is virtually daily. It's a quicker and much healthier option and as others have mentioned, it saves on electricity as well.

Porks steaks last night........

Season foil basically the size of the meat with butter/herbs and spices to suit.

Place steak on prepared area and season top. I like to add a generous drizzling of honey.

Wrap up tight but make sure any juices are contained in the wrapping when opened.

Cook at 400 for 10 mins.

Open foil and drain off juices for adding to the gravy.

Leave foil open and cook again for 2 minutes each side and Bob's your uncle and Fannies your aunt.....a delicious, moist pork steak. (Just be careful with the 'open' cooking so as to only brown it a little, not dry it out).

Do the same process with chicken breasts.

Tonight I'm going to experiment with trying to make Yorkshire Pudding in ours.

Attachments

• Pork Steak1.jpg
    Pork Steak1.jpg
    803.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Pork Steak2.jpg
    Pork Steak2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • Pork Steak3.jpg
    Pork Steak3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Keep loads small.... Larger portions wont cook right.
Depends on the air fryer. I was recently looking at a Ninja vs Instant comparison, and they said that the Ninja is way better at bigger portions.

Just out of interest, am I the only one who never bothers to preheat it? Never found it necessary. Mine will cook frozen chips in 12 minutes without pre-heating. It's not going to cook them in 7 minutes if I pre-heat for 5 minutes first, so what's the point?

Last night I made a lasagne. From scratch. The same with the cottage pie the night before. Can an airfryer do them?
I've done cottage pie. But you need something that will fit in the fryer. I had to switch my usual big cottage pie pot for two individual ones, because I've got one of the dual drawer ones. Although the new Instant has a dual drawer than can switch to a single by taking out a divider in the middle, so I imagine that could do bigger stuff like that.

I've done cottage pie. But you need something that will fit in the fryer. I had to switch my usual big cottage pie pot for two individual ones, because I've got one of the dual drawer ones. Although the new Instant has a dual drawer than can switch to a single by taking out a divider in the middle, so I imagine that could do bigger stuff like that.
So do all the prep and then put it in? Basically a cheap oven then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.