Air fryer tips

Been reading with interest but still out on should we buy one, thinking the storage is a problem.
We have a fryer that only gets used on boxing day for cooking chips in, it gets cleaned out just after and put bye for next year, probably a tradition from my childhood days of chips, turkey and pickles/ branston.
My kids are adults now but boxing day is boxing day and a hard habit to break.

Would you be able to replicate the home made chips is probably the deal breaker for me, and are the drawers decent in size for 4 people to have dinner within reason.
We can do two baskets of chips in around 10 minutes so kids still in the kitchen when the second lot comes out so keeps the atmosphere.
Get a big one for feeding 4 about £200, did oven chips in it last night daughter said they were mine McDs she loved them

Is anyone air frying their turkey for Xmas?
There was a program on Channel 5 (UK) last week called Air Fryers: Xmas made easy which was road testing Air Fryers ability to cook all the festive favourites from Turkey to all the trimmings.

JUQmxnM.jpg

The program is still available on 5 On demand and is repeated tonight on 5STAR channel @ 9PM

Last edited:
There was a program on Channel 5 (UK) last week called Air Fryers: Xmas made easy which was road testing Air Fryers ability to cook all the festive favourites from Turkey to all the trimmings.

JUQmxnM.jpg

The program is still available on 5 On demand and is repeated tonight on 5STAR channel @ 9PM
Thanks. I’m not sure our bird would fit in it, I was just asking if anyone would. I‘ve done chicken in mine, so the principle would be the same, just would need to be for longer and if it fitted.

Might give it a watch to glean some info, cheers.

Thanks. I’m not sure our bird would fit in it, I was just asking if anyone would. I‘ve done chicken in mine, so the principle would be the same, just would need to be for longer and if it fitted.

Might give it a watch to glean some info, cheers.
The "chef" on the program prepped the Turkey (chopped off the legs / wings etc) to make the main bird fit into the machine, other handy tips were shown too.

The upshot of the program was the doubting presenter was well impressed by the Air Fryer's ability to do the lot, worth a watch.

JUQmxnM.jpg

They did the whole Christmas dinner in one, except the gravy.

JUQmxnM.jpg

The shredded sprouts in the airfyer from this program are delicious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.